It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Since they are both under contract until 2025 the only way we "lose" them is if we agree to. People take the "we won't keep anyone here that wants to leave" philosophy to an extreme. If we agree to let someone go under those type of circumstances it's because we have an alternative in mind. Anyone who thinks City will do anything to appease someone to the detriment of the club is in la la land. Gabby, Zinchenko, Sterling - Pep could give 2 fucks if they left. Their roster spots were taken by a collective massive upgrade of Haaland, Alvarez, and Akanji. I hate to break it to everyone but City planned on Gundo leaving all along. When he closed the season with an iconic run in they felt compelled to offer him something knowing their offer was miles off what Barca were offering in terms of wages and years. If we really wanted him to stay we would have made extending him a major priority at least a year ago. City aren't some pollyanna suckers looking to take unfavorable deals to "reward" players for past performance. WTF are some of you smoking? City are a ruthless, efficient machine of a club whose only interest is the advancement and well being of our club and as a supporter I am grateful that the club is so proficient in doing so. The woe is us stuff is beyond old and stale.

Well said, Txiki.

yes, most of media reaction to Arsenal splashing 200m in about 3 weeks since window opened is like:
well done, they are back
finally they spending (they spent shitload last 3 years overall too)
much needed recruitment
exciting times
etc

all this with Emirates their shirt sponsor and their stadium called the Emirates, believe me that is not sportwashing
And millions from the ‘visit Rwanda’ tourist board sponsorship, a place it is deemed illegal to send illegals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.