It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not at all true...we're light from the get go. We rob Peter to pay Paul with players like Bernardo, Phil, and to an extent Alvarez. I'm not complaining, just giving an honest opinion. Did we win it all? ABSOLUTELY!! Were we a bit fortunate in terms of injuries and player availability in light of that number and difficulty of fixtures? I'd say 100%. Compare man games lost to other teams in the Prem and around Europe and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Rico, Palmer, Gomez, Perrone, Bobb, etc. at the moment may be able to fill in and do a job but at a Champions of Europe level consistently over an extended period of time? And we have no idea if Phillips makes good or not. I'm rooting for him to do so, both for his sake and for ours...

I'm not saying him specifically, but could we use a Chiesa quality type of player who can play on either flank to mix in with Jack and Mahrez? Especially if Phil and Bernardo are going to be 2 of only 4 8s along with KDB and Kovacic...
He's talking purely on registration spots, Gvardiol in, is a full registration squad for champions league rules

There maybe something in that mate but I just think we lack the appetite to do another £100m plus transfer and propel the club really into elite level further as following up on last season and in khaldoons eyes being even better requires investment?
Could be, but of course I would hope you're wrong...

Could be, but of course I would hope you're wrong...

So do I mate! When we see Arsenal doing £105m transfers then we should be a fantastic destination for any world class player? World class players come with world class fees though and we just don’t do them and seem to want to add the net spend trophy again. We have had an historic season last season but we wobbled in the middle and had some really poor performances by our standards and the Arsenal cracked under the pressure and let us into the title race again? They have already added Havertz and are about to add Rice and Timber which without question improves them again? If Jesus and Saliba stay fit then they look incredibly strong for next season? The dippers will be way better than last season as well and the rags will no doubt shop and Chelsea will be better under poch so we need to not rest on our laurels and invest in world class for Pep to go for everything again next season

So do I mate! When we see Arsenal doing £105m transfers then we should be a fantastic destination for any world class player? World class players come with world class fees though and we just don’t do them and seem to want to add the net spend trophy again. We have had an historic season last season but we wobbled in the middle and had some really poor performances by our standards and the Arsenal cracked under the pressure and let us into the title race again? They have already added Havertz and are about to add Rice and Timber which without question improves them again? If Jesus and Saliba stay fit then they look incredibly strong for next season? The dippers will be way better than last season as well and the rags will no doubt shop and Chelsea will be better under poch so we need to not rest on our laurels and invest in world class for Pep to go for everything again next season
Agree. I would say Gvardiol is world class and comes with a world class fee, but A) We haven't signed him and B) We could do with at least a very high end wide forward or at least someone obviously brimming with the potential to become so...

I hate to agree but it does seem that way. There doesn't seem to be any interest or movement whatsoever in terms of reinforcing our wide attacking positions even though all the talk is about Bernardo and Mahrez possibly leaving, Palmer going out on loan and Foden being moved into the middle. MacAtee and Oscar Bobb can't be counted upon to maintain that type of attacking level. We would need at least 2 legit wide attacking players along the lines of Diaby, Simons, Chiesa, Sane, Coman among others at a minimum.

If Tolmie is right and we're looking to exceed 200 mil it means we expect Bernardo to leave. Its simple math. We can't hit that number even if we sold Laporte, Walker, Mahrez, Cancelo, and a handful of youngsters...

Could it be that we're trying to prove some kind of point in lieu of the "charges"? This is the first window since that bullshit was brought forward.

Just asking...
We could hit £50mill just from the youth sales and loan fees, Bernado isn't necessary to hit £200mill total if you include your list of players.

View attachment 85879

Here's where we sit TODAY! (before people start theorising on potentials).

1 space.
1 space but highly likely that it’s 3 with Perrone going on loan and Laporte going out. When planning for next season they will be making things happen not waiting. We have the space for signings it’s only if Pep really wants them. Except he definitely wants another midfielder given we have been chasing Rice & Bellingham. Under no pressure to sell if we got Gvardiol plus a midfielder as Perrone will be loaned out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.