It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I can see Mahrez accepting the Saudi move to be honest mate and that could happen quickly?

I think he goes as well mate. That will certainly open up a position on the right for an acquisition.

We are a bit tied at the moment in the window, it's going to be one in one out rather than seeing 3 or 4 new faces in one go.

I think the club know its going to be difficult moving on certain players this summer so we cannot overplay our incomings hand.

I think Bernardo could well be their Mbappe replacement.

They won't replace Mbappe like for like unless they swap him for Vinicious. A whole new direction, formation and style will have to be implemented.
I doub't it unless Neymar is staying (who is another player they do want off their books)

Who in the world, in his position, do you believe is better than Gundogan?

Some players are not replaceable, like for like, but Kovacic is a superb player.
I agree, Gundo is nigh on impossible to replace; you could stake a claim for someone like de Jong, different qualities but undoubtedly world class. Doesn't alter the fact that current state of play sees our squad weakened; albeit very slightly. And I think Kova will be very good for us.

I was responding to the claim we won't make sales of £200m.
I was trying to point out that we may have a significant part of that already.
It must be around £30mill from Charles, Trafford sales plus the loan fees for others so far, perhaps another £10mill if Lavia goes for the claimed £50mill. Then we've got the likes of Harwood-Bellis & Callum Doyle to sort.

I agree, Gundo is nigh on impossible to replace; you could stake a claim for someone like de Jong, different qualities but undoubtedly world class. Doesn't alter the fact that current state of play sees our squad weakened; albeit very slightly. And I think Kova will be very good for us.
It's not weakened at all I'd argue, just a slightly different balance. I'd say even more attacking with the Kova/Gundo swap.

I actually don't think we are weakened because I think that a ball carrier in the centre has a different skill to bring to the table than Gundo as it gives us dribbling in the centre, which we have not had. Bernardo has it but he uses it more to retain possession rather than spring attacks. We are not finished anyway and we don't know the roles planned for Phil, McAtee, Palmer and Bobb - this could be a big transition, especially because some are also reaching the end of their ability to play at their peak, game in and game out, and will need resting a bit more than we are used to.

I like Kova alot, bit of a mix on the ball of Gundo and Silva, leave him in space and he can pass to death, press him and he wriggles out. Needs to add the goals from gundo, and pressing from Silva and we have a monster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.