It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Losing Gundogan, Mahrez & Walker in 1 window would be tough but it eventually needs doing and 50m or so helps us invest in new blood.

Another Pep rebuild I love it.

It's a lot of old heads and experience gone in one window, but yes I also like that we continuously refresh. Especially after winning the treble it will probably help to inject some urgency/maintain the hunger by introducing some new players who want their own moment in the sun too.

Also have to say the opportunities for the three of them look to be very positive and City's reputation for reasonableness with transfers over the years has helped us too, so there's that as well.

That one mistake could have been a nightmare for us. All I’m saying is if Kyle goes I personally wouldn’t rely on Akanji to replace his speed.
I’m not saying I would either tbh! We managed though against Bayern without Kyle and they had sane/Coman etc. it’s useful to have a player with extraordinary pace, but I’m not sure Kyle would be interested in staying just for a few games a year. Ultimately pep seemingly wants to continue with the new system- which Kyle can’t play as he isn’t trusted to come inside to join the back 3 or step into midfield next to Rodri. Gvardiol can play the centre half and midfield role. Likewise so can stones and Lewis as backup. Leaves ake, Dias, akanji and Laporte at the moment for pure centre back roles! Unless Laporte leaves I’m not entirely sure you need another player and if Laporte does leave I wouldn’t expect a fast full back but potentially someone else who can do that duel role of proper defender and comfortable on the ball like stones/gvardiol.

It's a lot of old heads and experience gone in one window, but yes I also like that we continuously refresh. Especially after winning the treble it will probably help to inject some urgency/maintain the hunger by introducing some new players who want their own moment in the sun too.

Also have to say the opportunities for the three of them look to be very positive and City's reputation for reasonableness with transfers over the years has helped us too, so there's that as well.
They are old heads, but we still have plenty of older heads that have been there and done it, Ederson, Stones, Dias, Rodri,,KDB,Kovacic too, I'd even throw Grealish and Foden in there

I still don't see a way back for Cancelo regardless of Kyle Walker leaving. We'll have an unsettled Phil Foden for a start if we did that.

thats the frustrating thing though imo is that we in a way open ourselves up to others taking or trying for our best players with the public knowledge that if you want out then you can leave at a certain price? If Bayern want Walker then it should be a minimum 30m euros imo or he stays for the final year of his contract!
City only let players go if it’s an acceptable offer so we aren’t much different from other clubs. Plus if the policy is different it works!

No signings- panic.
Gundo gone - panic.
Keep or sell Mahrez- panic.
Bernardo? Panic for another season.
Scum signed mount-panic.
Dips signed 2 players -panic.
Arsenal signed Rice-panic.

City the “pure” treble winners have only signed that crap player Kovacic!

City that only just won 3 leagues in a row.

City who have the best goal scorer on the planet up front.

City who will soon have Gvardiol.

To be fair, we’ve never seen this amount of first team players leaving before. And let people be a bit worried, this ain’t no easy task.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.