It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

This, and we are sorted. As you said, I would still buy someone high level because I wouldn't rely on the likes of Bobb or Gomez in case of some injuries, etc. They will probably play occasionally, but that's it. Julian will rotate with Haaland as well, so we should probably buy someone top-tier ready to play a lot at RW.
Absolutely. You can see how we perform in the transfer market we won’t rush into something. Could see Gomez getting a year out wide while we are scouting around. If it doesn’t work then we sell him. If it does it does.

Foden essentially comes what Bernie had been. Plays in the middle or out wide depending on game plan etc. so still need someone else high level. This season it’s been Grealish/Foden/Mahrez/Bernado and Palmer.

Assuming Bobb takes Palmers spot, Foden has duel roles and like you’ve said Alvarez will rotate with Haaland we might see another spot available. Gomes also has great versatility playing midfield or defender as well albeit only against certain teams.

Gomez playing on the wing is a serious possibility. It’s his natural position and we could see a few more departures than originally planned. Even if we give him another year to try and see how he fits in.

With Kev going into the season injured I think we see more of Foden centrally, it’s a good reason to start him there and natural progression. Grealish and Alvarez wide, Bernado and Mahrez to leave. Sounds like Bobb may be involved and can see Palmer being loaned out. I think we go into next season with

Grealish/Alvarez/Bobb/Gomez/New signing (And Foden if needed as well)

But expect us to sign someone high level if that’s the case.
The yearly illusion of thinking the Academy kid or loanee will play a significant role. This summer it’s Bobb. I’d be surprised if he’s still in the squad in September. Another “highly rated” to go on loan in the second division. Better that than staying and not playing

Absolutely. You can see how we perform in the transfer market we won’t rush into something. Could see Gomez getting a year out wide while we are scouting around. If it doesn’t work then we sell him. If it does it does.

Foden essentially comes what Bernie had been. Plays in the middle or out wide depending on game plan etc. so still need someone else high level. This season it’s been Grealish/Foden/Mahrez/Bernado and Palmer.

Assuming Bobb takes Palmers spot, Foden has duel roles and like you’ve said Alvarez will rotate with Haaland we might see another spot available. Gomes also has great versatility playing midfield or defender as well albeit only against certain teams.
We’re going around in circles. The obvious fact remains: Laporte, Walker, Mahrez and Bernardo leaving, any of them requires a replacement to be signed. These are senior names with significant contributions. You don’t fix their departures by changing other players of positions and creating different holes in the squad to be filled by players that present a shocking drop in quality.

No chance Gomez gets a season playing right side.He might play pre season and in cups but I imagine if Bernardo and mahrez go we will bring a replacement in they will have targets identified no doubt.

Ederson/Ortega/Carson

Akanji/Pavard/Dias/Ake/Gvardiol

Stones/Lewis

Rodri/Phillips

KDB/Foden/Kovacic/ +1

Grealish/Alvarez/ +1 / Gomez/Bobb

Haaland

That’s 22 players, 8 home grown, 3 club trained. Plenty of experience and versatility.

I’m assuming Gvardiol gets done.

Big signing for CM, what’s being reported currently FDJ not sure that will happen but right level to go for. Foden might be needed wide, KDB injured and needs to be managed, Phillips who knows and Kov first season. This needs to be a big singing.

I think someone experienced out wide, but with Foden potentially still playing wide, Grealish and I still think Alvarez gets serious minutes there we could see a smart signing here I’ll use Olise as an example. Personally would prefer someone like Sane.

We’re going around in circles. The obvious fact remains: Laporte, Walker, Mahrez and Bernardo leaving, any of them requires a replacement to be signed. These are senior names with significant contributions. You don’t fix their departures by changing other players of positions and creating different holes in the squad to be filled by players that present a shocking drop in quality.
I think we will see good replacements.

Walker - Pavard
Laporte - Gvardiol
Bernado - FDJ
Mahrez - ?
Gundo - Kov
Cancelo - Lewis (Already happened last season)

That’s good enough. Although don’t think it will be FDJ. Gomez barely played so don’t think him changing position makes any difference. If tried out wide we would still sign someone as well he just becomes an extra option. Pre season will help

No chance Gomez gets a season playing right side.He might play pre season and in cups but I imagine if Bernardo and mahrez go we will bring a replacement in they will have targets identified no doubt.
I agree it would be minimal but an extra option. Think with Kev and Foden we need to be covered for their central minutes.

The squad is already thin as it is. Moving Gomez isn't the greatest of ideas even with the EDS at the minute.
This is a bug bear of mine, as it stands we are 1 player short of our maximum 21 players plus Foden from the 4 academy trained allowance, which we can’t do anything about. Adding McAtee, Lewis and Bobb as U21 s will help too.
Those 20/21 are a much higher quality on the whole than any other clubs 21. So it isn’t true that it’s thin. If any player goes they will need replacing but as it stands today the squad isn’t thin.

Ederson/Ortega/Carson

Akanji/Pavard/Dias/Ake/Gvardiol

Stones/Lewis

Rodri/Phillips

KDB/Foden/Kovacic/ +1

Grealish/Alvarez/ +1 / Gomez/Bobb

Haaland

That’s 22 players, 8 home grown, 3 club trained. Plenty of experience and versatility.

I’m assuming Gvardiol gets done.

Big signing for CM, what’s being reported currently FDJ not sure that will happen but right level to go for. Foden might be needed wide, KDB injured and needs to be managed, Phillips who knows and Kov first season. This needs to be a big singing.

I think someone experienced out wide, but with Foden potentially still playing wide, Grealish and I still think Alvarez gets serious minutes there we could see a smart signing here I’ll use Olise as an example. Personally would prefer someone like Sane.
Still VERY thin considering they have more games next season, PLUS flying to the Middle East mid season. Add internationals to that… going from experienced players to youth isn’t ideal this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.