It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I did use the ignore button. Now why am I being called out to be respectful when that is what I have been. The other guy who called me a “fanny” and told me to “grow a pair” was being respectful?
As english is not my first language, I understood this as "stop being a pussy and start being a dick". Am I on the right track?
English is a beutiful language though. :)

Gundogan's last season was his best ever at the club, not just because of the treble but because of his overall performance level.

It's easy to forget then that before that season, Gundogan was very rarely a nailed on starter at City. During the time of Silva, De Bruyne and Fernandinho, he was seen as a very good backup. His first notable spell was when he had that great run of scoring in 2021 during our brilliant winning run, but not long after he found himself then behind a midfield trio of Rodri, De Bruyne and Bernardo.

Even the Villa game in 2022 where he got the two goals, he was coming off the bench and the week before at West Ham, he didn't start that either. He actually expressed in interviews how disappointed he was not to start in either game.

Obviously his heroics in recent times have seen him secure legendary status and rightfully so, but I don't see him as being completely irreplaceable - no player is.

Gundogan's last season was his best ever at the club, not just because of the treble but because of his overall performance level.

It's easy to forget then that before that season, Gundogan was very rarely a nailed on starter at City. During the time of Silva, De Bruyne and Fernandinho, he was seen as a very good backup. His first notable spell was when he had that great run of scoring in 2021 during our brilliant winning run, but not long after he found himself then behind a midfield trio of Rodri, De Bruyne and Bernardo.

Even the Villa game in 2022 where he got the two goals, he was coming off the bench and the week before at West Ham, he didn't start that either. He actually expressed in interviews how disappointed he was not to start in either game.

Obviously his heroics in recent times have seen him secure legendary status and rightfully so, but I don't see him as being completely irreplaceable - no player is.
City didn’t massively trade down with Kovacic. All city’s current players that are “close to leaving” are 30+ years of age. Replacing them with players that are 3-6 years younger is very much refreshing and a good idea.

he`s better than decent mate! already top class and could easily go up levels in a better team and with Pep?
Pep would undoubtedly improve him. But surely you pay based on his current ability, not solely his potential?

I do think he's brilliant, and he'd fit into our team nicely, just think he's VERY overpriced.

He's played in 45 Premier League games!

City didn’t massively trade down with Kovacic. All city’s current players that are “close to leaving” are 30+ years of age. Replacing them with players that are 3-6 years younger is very much refreshing and a good idea.
Besides, all players that are leaving WANT to leave. We are not kicking anybody out.

This is a good point. It would be interesting to do a poll, asking people whether they are British or from abroad. I bet there is a very significant percentage of people on here, including myself, who are not British.

I’d guess the Transfer forum in the summer has a lot more younger and non British posters compared with the other forums on Bluemoon.

British people really are literal. You forgot to quote the word perhaps as well, didn’t you? I was on that thread day and night responding to points and rebutting false media rumors. I wasn’t alone of course. It is telling to me that of everything I said you choose to quote that one thing. I also see you leaving likes on a few posts that are meant to attack me. I see some other people maintained their grudges and spites despite my being gone for a year, going down that same route. There is no clean slate here clearly. It is, you know, depressing. So I might as well go down the route of the ignore button to save my own mental health while on this forum.
...and so it starts again...the thin skin and paranoia. Next will come the accusing other posters of racism.

Gus, you have interesting stuff to say, but the way you say it - as though your view is the only possible one in town - invites others to challenge your views and call you out. Then you get all pissy and threaten to take your ball away. We've done this dance before.

Relax and remember it's a forum where people are gonna disagree and challenge each others views.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.