It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I don’t think anyone expected the potential of this window playing out how it might.

Saudi going mad & players wanting to end on a high could effect us in ways we weren’t expecting.

If we replaced Laporte with Gvardiol, Walker with Pavard, Gundo with Kovacic,
Bernado with Veiga, Mahrez with Chiesa, Palmer with Bobb and Cancelo with Lewis I’d be happy. You throw them in with the world class players we have, the unbelievable talents we already have here & you let them settle in and develop we could be looking at another great side.

Foden and Alvarez will have big seasons.

Kovacic will play a big part but it obvious we still wanted another CM, maybe that was Phillips dependent as well.

Our defence is incredible, my only worry is Rodri cover/rotation.

Ederson (Ortega/Carson)

Akanji/Pavard - Dias - Ake/Gvardiol

Stones/Lewis - Rodri/Phillips

Foden/KDB - Kovacic/Veiga/McAtee

Alvarez/Chiesa - Haaland - Grealish/Bobb

i think a lot of the players Pep would love but the club just dont seem to like huge transfers? Before i get smashed again i fully appreciate how successful we have been but i do think Pep has had to find solutions to problems that he shouldnt really have had to at times? When you see the likes of Arsenal banging £105m on a player (although he is about £20-25m overpriced) he does improve them alot which is what a manager wants? From a lot of our job journos and even tolm, we are expected to bring in over £200m in sales alone this summer, let alone our previous profits in the last few windows and our rumoured summer budget then i personally dont see why we are seemingly not going to at least sort Gvardiol asap? Another £10-15m over possibly 10 years plus for the Haaland of the defence world is baffling we dont just do the deal as Leipzig have named the price and wont budge? Why do this dance for weeks when we know the price and have form for walking away which would mean another of Pep`s wanted men is missed out on?
I think your just confusing what you as a fan want and think we need with what Pep and Txiki and the club think we want and need. Nobody else in football thinks like Pep thinks and it's impossible to predict what he sees as the shape of the team and the sort of players needed for it , or even what position players will play in next season..

Oh stop being a complete fanny, you were quite simply called out on the fact that you said Alvarez wouldn’t do much, and instead of a bit of humility you just waffled on endlessly, making excuses.

”attacked”, fuck me, grow a pair.
Yeah that’s not acceptable. Calling names and using that expression. What is funny is I said three times in three different posts that Alvarez surpassed my expectations and did better than I thought he would in his first season, it’s exactly the humility you are saying I should, but for posters like you it’s never enough unless it’s done your way.
I can tell from a distance (you know, I really am far that I can’t attend games) that our interactions won’t be productive. I’m using the ignore button to spare others of falling into your trap in the future. No begrudging on my part, carry on being yourself, but don’t assume anything when I don’t respond in the future

I think your just confusing what you as a fan want and think we need with what Pep and Txiki and the club think we want and need. Nobody else in football thinks like Pep thinks and it's impossible to predict what he sees as the shape of the team and the sort of players needed for it , or even what position players will play in next season..

fairly obvious he wants another midfielder and Gvardiol though mate? Kovacic we all knew was coming so it seems he wanted two? Gvardiol another known prime target?

I don’t think anyone expected the potential of this window playing out how it might.

Saudi going mad & players wanting to end on a high could effect us in ways we weren’t expecting.

If we replaced Laporte with Gvardiol, Walker with Pavard, Gundo with Kovacic,
Bernado with Veiga, Mahrez with Chiesa, Palmer with Bobb and Cancelo with Lewis I’d be happy. You throw them in with the world class players we have, the unbelievable talents we already have here & you let them settle in and develop we could be looking at another great side.

Foden and Alvarez will have big seasons.

Kovacic will play a big part but it obvious we still wanted another CM, maybe that was Phillips dependent as well.

Our defence is incredible, my only worry is Rodri cover/rotation.

Ederson (Ortega/Carson)

Akanji/Pavard - Dias - Ake/Gvardiol

Stones/Lewis - Rodri/Phillips

Foden/KDB - Kovacic/Veiga/McAtee

Alvarez/Chiesa - Haaland - Grealish/Bobb

Kovacic could do the 6 role as well though mate?

British people really are literal.
just to remind you fella, you’re on a British forum & some may take offence to such a sweeping statement about all British people, so stuff like that won’t do you any favours

Much like I’m sure you’d take offence if I said all Brazilians are uptight & argumentative

British people really are literal. You forgot to quote the word perhaps as well, didn’t you? I was on that thread day and night responding to points and rebutting false media rumors. I wasn’t alone of course. It is telling to me that of everything I said you choose to quote that one thing. I also see you leaving likes on a few posts that are meant to attack me. I see some other people maintained their grudges and spites despite my being gone for a year, going down that same route. There is no clean slate here clearly. It is, you know, depressing. So I might as well go down the route of the ignore button to save my own mental health while on this forum.
Gus, you are very colourful and you know it. There are lots of people here, me included, that like you and lots of people that will never like you. If you give more energy to those that like you then you will enjoy it here.

fairly obvious he wants another midfielder and Gvardiol though mate? Kovacic we all knew was coming so it seems he wanted two? Gvardiol another known prime target?
Gvardiol yes and no reason to think we won't get him,and i guess replacing Laporte and Cancelo. The other midfielder is a bit confusing, I'd have thought the decision on what we need midfielder/ wide forward would depend on who left.As I posted though knowing their thinking is impossible, so I'm haapy to just wait and see without worrying about it.

British people really are literal. You forgot to quote the word perhaps as well, didn’t you? I was on that thread day and night responding to points and rebutting false media rumors. I wasn’t alone of course. It is telling to me that of everything I said you choose to quote that one thing. I also see you leaving likes on a few posts that are meant to attack me. I see some other people maintained their grudges and spites despite my being gone for a year, going down that same route. There is no clean slate here clearly. It is, you know, depressing. So I might as well go down the route of the ignore button to save my own mental health while on this forum.
Mate you have gotta relax and stop being so combative all the time. Either use the ignore button or learn to argue respectfully

Mate you have gotta relax and stop being so combative all the time. Either use the ignore button or learn to argue respectfully
I did use the ignore button. Now why am I being called out to be respectful when that is what I have been. The other guy who called me a “fanny” and told me to “grow a pair” was being respectful?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.