It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If we really want to test Barca might as well throw the kitchen sink at Pedri or Dembele, even Kounde (as Walker’s replacement). None of this Raphinha nonsense.

Why don’t you buy another house that’s shiny & new? :)

Nah mate, this one is fine for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggg time now. I wanted to buy something abroad to be honest but we dont travel often enough to use it due to my work hours and time and the family cant be bothered with just renting it out?

Thank go no Raphina! Get the players in we need and give them 2-3 weeks with Pep before the season starts
Winger will probably take the longest. Gvardiol is hopefully done today and Pavard by next week.

Olise, Diaby, Olmo, Williams, Gnabry, Cherki, Wirtz, Felix and Goncalves all decent options

Nah mate, this one is fine for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggg time now. I wanted to buy something abroad to be honest but we dont travel often enough to use it due to my work hours and time and the family cant be bothered with just renting it out?
Mate, if you just stopped posting on here, with all the time you'd accrue, it would allow you to live abroad for about 9 months a year!!! ;)

Just watched the latest Inside City episode. We really don't need to fret at all. The squad is superb as it is. Walker looked happy, Bernardo looked happy, Laporte looked happy. The only one who looked miserable was Cancelo - but I think that's just his general persona and is the most likely to go.
If the squad stayed the same with Gvardiol coming in, just look at the options

Ederson (Ortega)
Stones (Walker, Lewis, Akanji) Dias (Akanji, Laporte, Ake) Gvardiol (Ake, Laporte, Lewis)
Rodri (Kovotic, Phillips, Stones, Lewis)
De Bruyne Foden (Bernardo, Kovotic, Palmer, Alverez, McAtee)
Bernardo
(Foden, Palmer, Alverez) Haaland (Alverez) Grealish (Palmer, Foden, Alverez, McAtee)

That's 21 quality players. More than enough. Obviously if anyone leaves we'll need to, and almost definitely will, replace them with quality. That defensive unit is the the best I've ever seen. If I was to sign anyone it'd be a creative Mid or winger, but I wouldn't be going for someone who isn't on the same level as the others just for the sake of it eg. Raphinah, Olmo. If a DeJong, Kimmich, Sane became available then happy days but if not, then we still have the best squad in the world

Things can change in the window, but imo if he was going to take the Saudi offer, he would have by now. The big expectation, aftet last summer's quite public courting of him, was that Barcelona would somehow find some money for him this year and do what they said theynwould last year. But they are in an even worse position, and are signing joao felix on loan, having signed gundogan for free. Leaves PSG. Which, again, could change but I don't see him wanting. If he did, his agent would be pushing it more and we'd be hearing more. As it stands, there doesn't seem to be much open to him, and he is not that desperate to leave that he would go to saudi as a last resort.
I think people forget that the past two seasons the Bernardo soap opera has well gone into the start of the season. He was on honey moon until recently. You have had players like Mahrez and Walker only deciding now. And this is a more complicated transfer as it demands a more significant fee. The Saudi aren’t in a rush given their transfer window goes until September 20, willing to wait, and PSG’s window always goes until the last minute. He knows Luis Campos, the director there, very well. We don’t know how much pushing or not is going on behind the scenes, but my guess hasn’t changed that he will find a way to leave sooner or later this window because I just don’t think he has decided to commit his future to us in the long term or that Mendes, the king of arranging bizarre deals, can fail a third time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.