It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

So at best, it is 50-50 then. As it stands, looks like he is staying, but things could change. There aren't any real obvious options, but doesn't mean there won't be. That's where I am with it.

Can we make one thing clear though. There was no 'Bernardo Sopa Opera' the last two seasons. There was a lot of impatient short-tempered Bluemooners, Barcelona endlessly talking shite as usual, and one or two honest interviews where he claimed he was open to moving if the right move came up, but commited while here. And Pep acknowledging this, saying if an offer comes they won't stand in any player's way, but also stating he sees the commitment and is happy with Bernardo's role. As far as soap operas go, that's about as professional as it gets, and I think it is unfair of this forum to dramatise that.

I think we can rule out Barcelona. Maybe if they find a buyer for DeJong, but that has been quiet and he doesn't look like he wants to leave. PSG, maybe if they get mbappe money. Saudi, I personally would rule out. I think if that was an option he wanted to take, it would be far more advanced by now. Doesn't really matter when their window shuts if he doesn't want to go there, and even if he did after our window shut, the club would simply refuse any offers from there and he would not be the type to kick up a fuss either.

So a 'maybe psg' with ifs and buts, is probably as good a hope at this stage of him staying as you can get.
If Bernardo decides or has decided for Saud Arabia, we don’t need to “be hearing more” or read into “things going quiet”, all he needs is to communicate the club. May be a case of waiting just a bit more to see if/when/how PSG or another will make a move before a decision. I guess our difference is that I think it’s completely irrelevant that we haven’t heard updates recently.

As for the soap opera, his public statements are always dramatic. I don’t know my future, I have my reasons, It’s not you, it’s me etc. It’s even a good soap opera, with scenes like him seemingly crying being subbed off and a drunk Grealish telling him to please don’t go.

You think that because it’s one name that an ITK poster here dropped. And you don’t hear many other names leaked in the media. But that means nothing, unless you think we operate in the open. Going by Sam Lee’s info, for instance, we’ve always known who our RW replacement options would be.
Sorry already posted on Bernie thread - There is no such thing as a ITK on this forum!! Real ITK's sell their info to the press, they do not post it free on a fans site! What we have here, are people with 2nd hand info claiming to ITK's. Sorry to disappoint some people & all the happy clappers

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea sniffing around Laporte with all their injury issues at CB at the moment
I suspect that if we kept Laporte despite signing Gvardiol, he’d still be of use in the season, the more I think about it

The way players say things to the media are not always in direct sincerity, let alone in an international break to national media. Where did you get this 32 number?
Iv seen a few interviews with him over the years I take your point but he seemed serious when saying it Bernardo ain't your typical football player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.