It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Dave was good but to be honest he wasn't exactly a game changer. He brought control to the game but he wasn't one of those guys you look up to when the team desperately needs a vital point. Kev is the closest to Yaya in that role.
Everything ran through David Silva. He was the engine of those fantastic teams. Because of him other players were able to do what they did best.

If he was not part of our club, those teams, in my opinion, would not have been as successful as they were. They would have won trophies but not nearly as many games.

Last edited:
I don’t get why people have this obsession with Barcelona when it comes to Bernardo. For me it’s always been PSG that would come in for him, until the Saudi wave came as well. I wouldn’t be so sure these Saudi offers will be indefinitely on the table.
Some PSG fans on twitter think the loaning of Xavi Simons means they will go big for Bernardo soon
PSG could have signed him last few seasons, but let’s face it Paris is a shithole, Ligueone is crap and no longer a draw for Messi, soon(Neymar and Mbappe)

Bernardo has wanted either Madrid or Barca, fuck em! We certainly shouldn’t be giving Barca money for anyone but a top tier player, Gavi Pedri, Balde etc. Would be stupid to pay them for a Ralfinho type player (decent but not top level) so they have funds to take a top player

PSG could have signed him last few seasons, but let’s face it Paris is a shithole, Ligueone is crap and no longer a draw for Messi, soon(Neymar and Mbappe)

Bernardo has wanted either Madrid or Barca, fuck em! We certainly shouldn’t be giving Barca money for anyone but a top tier player, Gavi Pedri, Balde etc. Would be stupid to pay them for a Ralfinho type player (decent but not top level) so they have funds to take a top player
Thees and only thees.

Gundogan, Mahrez, Walker, Laporte, Cancelo all likely to go.

Absolutely essentially that we don't lose Bernardo, should make him our joint highest earner with Kev and Haaland. He's that important.

Kovacic and Gvardiol is good business, but we need 2 more. A full back and an attacker.

Keep Bernie and i think we'd be fine as is.

Raphinha might fit the system we play a little better than Mahrez. He's worked under Bielsa, so he should work hard , press etc he should know what to do. Could fit our system really well.

Raphinha, might fit our system better because he played a season under Bielsa? Better than Mahrez, who actually played in our system for 5 seasons? Ok.

Reactions: kun
The fee isn’t the same every window, especially if the player rejects the new offer put on the table and right now we do have a “game changer” with the Saudi.
I want to work out exactly why people suddenly think he is staying.
We know two things:
We offered him awhile back an improved contract that would give him the same wages as Grealish
The Saudi club offered an insane amount of money that he hasn’t yet rejected
He hasn’t said yes to either, that we know of
Am I missing something?

Things can change in the window, but imo if he was going to take the Saudi offer, he would have by now. The big expectation, aftet last summer's quite public courting of him, was that Barcelona would somehow find some money for him this year and do what they said theynwould last year. But they are in an even worse position, and are signing joao felix on loan, having signed gundogan for free. Leaves PSG. Which, again, could change but I don't see him wanting. If he did, his agent would be pushing it more and we'd be hearing more. As it stands, there doesn't seem to be much open to him, and he is not that desperate to leave that he would go to saudi as a last resort.

Things can change in the window, but imo if he was going to take the Saudi offer, he would have by now. The big expectation, aftet last summer's quite public courting of him, was that Barcelona would somehow find some money for him this year and do what they said theynwould last year. But they are in an even worse position, and are signing joao felix on loan, having signed gundogan for free. Leaves PSG. Which, again, could change but I don't see him wanting. If he did, his agent would be pushing it more and we'd be hearing more. As it stands, there doesn't seem to be much open to him, and he is not that desperate to leave that he would go to saudi as a last resort.
I think it’s obvious that he’ll see out his contract here then go to BankaLoana on a free

So Mahrez will get replaced and it seems the club already had options lined up so i assume we move onto that target first?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.