It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It'll have to be over two summers as KDB has another season or two to go, the same as Mahrez & Walker. If Gundog isn't offered an extension & Bernardo leaves, there's no way we can plan for what's coming in one window without falling foul of FFP or having to buy cheap replacements not up to the same standard or better.
Perhaps however I just think bulk of what we need will come this summer, we surely have plenty cash.
Even if club bullish about the Pl investigation they will minimise all risks, and a transfer ban is one of the risks

I don't think ffp come into it.

I think given the sales that are likely to happen this summer I think we will be fine. I think Bernardo laporte cancelo all fetch minimum 150 million in that's before you factor in youth academy products and the money we've saved from previous 2 summers.

I do agree with you that keV won't be replaced this summer nor do I think walker will be. I think eventually keV Is replaced by foden. And then another winger comes in. I would be shocked if we didn't go get a pacy winger this summer though.
That's why the next two windows & what Pep said in yesterday's press conference is so intriguing.

It will also confirm where City see Grealish & Foden's future playing positions, which will dictate our upcoming transfer targets.

It's crucial times for our squad right now.

I don’t think we’ll get close to £150m for those three. It wouldn’t surprise me if at least one of Cancelo and Laporte go out on loan. Not many teams outside of the PL have money.

I can see this happening, and for sure we wont be making the same mistakes as last season and selling our players to rival PL teams, even if the money is good.

Laporte will inevitably be loan + buy to Italy and Cancelo will go on another loan or be sold for a significantly cut price fee to Bayern Munich because they are not paying the 70m euros we want.

Bernardo is the only player I think we will get good money for, circa 60m.

i think Bellingham and Mac Allister would compliment each other very well....drive ball carrying, defensive qualities and a real engine and leadership with Bellingham...guile and skill with Mac Allister....
Goal scoring threat with both of them

If Laporte goes than Gvardiol would be decent...he hasnt looked good against us but then neither did Haaland when we played Dortmund last season except when he bullied Dias on that one occasion.

Do we need a left back...? Ake is doing so well and is developing the attacking side of his game as well. He has always been a decent defender and his focus and commitment are there for all to see.

Those 3 with Laporte, Bernardo and potentially Gundo going would make sense.

Cancello - have Bayern already said that they wont be taking up the option to buy him? If so he may come back but I think he may have burnt his bridges with Pep despite what both of them have said publicly

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.