It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The interesting aspect of all this is what happens with Foden & Grealish? Do they remain wide & we seek replacements for Gundog, KDB & possibly Bernardo? Or do they move inside & we look to bring in a couple of pacey, skillful wingers?
I think Foden would be great as a box to box midfielder.
I'd like to see him alongside Rodri and either Bernardo, if he stays, or Bellingham, then KDB or Grealish just ahead of them in a diamond formation.

I think the gvardiol signing is laportes replacement personally with him being left footed and not related to Ake also given Ake's injury history I think there's a reason we have 5 centre backs because stones is made of glass and Ake can have his issues . I think Gomez may go on loan hence a potential left back coming in although it wouldn't shock me if one doesn't but pep talking about profiles we don't have ? We don't have an overlapping left back.
The only thing for me is that if we pay £80+m for Gvardiol, or any player, he plays.

Ake nearly left last summer and apparently was talked into staying and has played brilliantly. He is the starting left CH on merit and is deservedly being offered a new contract. I'm not sure he'd be best pleased to do that only to lose out to Gvardiol.

I don't think we need 5 CH's and that Stones, Dias, Ake and Akanji would be enough.

I think Gomez will stay, he shown flashes this year and will improve. I think he could play LWB and will be useful next season.

I'd like to see him alongside Rodri and either Bernardo, if he stays, or Bellingham, then KDB or Grealish just ahead of them in a diamond formation.

The only thing for me is that if we pay £80+m for Gvardiol, or any player, he plays.

Ake nearly left last summer and apparently was talked into staying and has played brilliantly. He is the starting left CH on merit and is deservedly being offered a new contract. I'm not sure he'd be best pleased to do that only to lose out to Gvardiol.

I don't think we need 5 CH's and that Stones, Dias, Ake and Akanji would be enough.

I think Gomez will stay, he shown flashes this year and will improve. I think he could play LWB and will be useful next season.
I think we do need 5 cb. I think the injury proneness to some of our defenders shows we need 5 cbs unfortunatly.

Agree with all of that 100%. Grealish, Foden & Philips ended tonight's match playing central midfield. I sense that Pep knows we require more speed & guile out wide from overlapping full backs & that this will be addressed in the summer.

I'd love to see Grealish & Foden being tried centrally whenever the opportunity arises. Games like tonight provide the ideal opportunity for a glimpse into our possible future...

R.38f6e960a90ece5b72d31d8429f92a59

I think we do need 5 cb. I think the injury proneness to some of our defenders shows we need 5 cbs unfortunatly.
I think having 5 cb and the related rotation of them leads to them being injured more often.
If they were having longer runs in the team they wouldn't get injured as much.

I think having 5 cb and the related rotation of them leads to them being injured more often.
I think stones does. He always seems to come back from England injured.

Akanji wasn't bought to boost CB numbers, he was needed as quality cover for Laporte & Stones who never seem to play for long before an injury occurs.

To make matters worse Dias was still recovering from injury, & after recovering from injury himself, Aké got an injury scare too, hence Akanji for £15m was a no brainer. If Laporte was to leave & Gvardiol arrived, I can still see us rolling with 5 CB's regardless.

The interesting aspect of all this is what happens with Foden & Grealish? Do they remain wide & we seek replacements for Gundog, KDB & possibly Bernardo? Or do they move inside & we look to bring in a couple of pacey, skillful wingers?
I like the idea of 5 CB but I also want more use of fullbacks The problem injury CB are Laporte and Stones so if one of those goes it will change the dynamic if the incoming is better able to stay fit one of the remaining may want to leave for more game time

I think there is also an argument that the rotation causes inconsistencies. But I’m so glad we got Akanji last minute, a great player and couldn’t have done this year without him/having 5 cbs.

Ideally we sign someone like Gvardiol but also a actual left back, say Chilwell. We see Gvardiol and Ake both comfortable at cb/lb and that makes up the 5. Saying Laporte goes Stones/Dias/Akanji/Ake/Gvardiol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.