It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Two 100m + deals in one window though? Do we haven’t the stomach for it?

Could be set for the next 10 years though mate? We have the cash, we`ve made profits the last two transfer windows and are currently in profit still now and now doubt more sales to come? It`s the one summer to do it! Plus it send a message that we are going to push even harder again?

Seeing his contract out here makes it unrealistic to go back to Benfica sooner. Going to Saudi Arabia to make many years worth of wages in two or three would make a return to Benfica plausible. Not that I believe he actually wants to return to Benfica

Doubt the Saudis would pay an 80m fee and more than 25m a year, to have him for only 2 seasons. Which is what he has left with us. IF, Benfica is the route he wants to go down, which in fairness he has consistently said. But I think he would want another European club in the meantine, probably Barcelona. If it doesn't come, to me it looks like staying is his better option.

If Bernardo decides or has decided for Saud Arabia, we don’t need to “be hearing more” or read into “things going quiet”, all he needs is to communicate the club. May be a case of waiting just a bit more to see if/when/how PSG or another will make a move before a decision. I guess our difference is that I think it’s completely irrelevant that we haven’t heard updates recently.

As for the soap opera, his public statements are always dramatic. I don’t know my future, I have my reasons, It’s not you, it’s me etc. It’s even a good soap opera, with scenes like him seemingly crying being subbed off and a drunk Grealish telling him to please don’t go.

True on the first, when it comes to our club. But we would certainly be hearing it from the Saudi side. No way they keep something like that quiet, it sells their 'project' and helps convince other players. If he even hinted the tiniest modicum of interest to them, we'd be hearing all about it by now.

Disagree on the second part. It is nothing like the Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, Fabregas, or even Kane sagas. Hence it is not a soap opera.

Last edited:
I agree with this, myself.

But bear in mind Mahrez himself wasn't signed as a replacement for anyone. When we signed him, we arguably didn't even need him, and many claimed that at the time. Same with Grealish. Gvardiol in fact as well. And the club didn't sign Harry Kane when we 'really' needed him, or Dias, Rodri and Haaland, all who we waited for, without signing anyone instead.

It is the obvious thing to conclude that we would definitely replace a player of his quality. But the club does have previous of not doing that, at least not in the same transfer window, so it isn't as absurd a suggestion as you make out.
Some of the previous situations are a bit different, the ones you point out, aren’t that we didn’t want to sign or felt we couldn’t, it’s that we tried to sign someone and failed instead of “let things be”. I also think if you look at those particular squad make ups they were less problematic than now. I would be more worried regarding the Mahrez replacement if we joined a big long saga, which is when we do sometimes fail, but I expect a more swift and quiet one.

And people here will always resort to “do we really need this player?”, “we don’t need anyone” etc. I quickly learned that. So people saying we didn’t need Mahrez or Grealish to me means nothing as they mattered. The Akanji one is a particularly significant example of “not needing a player”; it turns out he may have been the most important

Sorry already posted on Bernie thread - There is no such thing as a ITK on this forum!! Real ITK's sell their info to the press, they do not post it free on a fans site! What we have here, are people with 2nd hand info claiming to ITK's. Sorry to disappoint some people & all the happy clappers
Yawn

That's great but I hope he makes his mind up. I really can't be bothered with yet another season of "will he finally go".

Commit or leave.

I don't really think anyone gives a fuck what you can or can't be bothered with.

Anyone at the club that is, and you as representative of any fan or a poster on bluemoon. Both Bernardo and the club have been comfortable with the situation, which doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.