It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I cant see the likes of Laporte sitting on his arse here when he can be the main man elsewhere.
I do agree we probably have 1 CB too many and Laporte is the obvious one to go, but all depends on other clubs paying for him. He might be 1st choice all of a sudden again. Pep does seem to favour different players over different seasons. For me, Laporte is better than Akanji, yet he started nearly every game last season. So who knows.

I cant see the likes of Laporte sitting on his arse here when he can be the main man elsewhere.
Laporte looked like one of the best around at the World Cup.

Every other team in Europe would want him, even if they won’t cough up the fee. I’d be amazed if he’s still with us next year should we sign Gvardiol.

Laporte is gone, I think that's been decided between him and the club for a while. He's just a professional and getting on with pre season. The difficult bit is a lot of top clubs actually aren't buying but someone will take him. Links to PSG last year, Bilbao currently and always links to Juve. Chelsea would actually make some sense now as well. We want money in to cover costs but if he agreed to it would probably loan him out as most clubs im sure would pick up the option as he's a great player.

You can get someone with Prem exposure but someone who is still young and can be coached into that role for either flank.

Gnonto and Olise are the ones. Prem experience based, Raphinha qualifies but he’s not a name that should be considered as he’s stagnated a fair bit. Other names that come to mind are Mitoma (no chance Brighton sell) and Zaha (free agent, but too old and I do not think we are aiming for someone as direct).

Outside the league there are lots of prospects. Barcola being one of the main names, another couple can be taken from La Liga. Yeremy Pino is one of them. Lastly, and the most suitable name in my opinion is Samuel Chukwueze, right profile, can play on either flank, very good on the ball, great work rate, most likely has a release clause that Txiki can sort out, has European experience with Villarreal and still young, hope we look at him.

You can get someone with Prem exposure but someone who is still young and can be coached into that role for either flank.

Gnonto and Olise are the ones. Prem experience based, Raphinha qualifies but he’s not a name that should be considered as he’s stagnated a fair bit. Other names that come to mind are Mitoma (no chance Brighton sell) and Zaha (free agent, but too old and I do not think we are aiming for someone as direct).

Outside the league there are lots of prospects. Barcola being one of the main names, another couple can be taken from La Liga. Yeremy Pino is one of them. Lastly, and the most suitable name in my opinion is Samuel Chukwueze, right profile, can play on either flank, very good on the ball, great work rate, most likely has a release clause that Txiki can sort out, has European experience with Villarreal and still young, hope we look at him.
Olise has a pretty serious injury and will be out for a while so doubt it would be him.

The numbers aren’t there for Walker and Mahrez not to be replaced. You are giving significant roles to players who won’t be taking them. And Palmer still to leave on loan on top of that. I’m not “fretting”, to use the word you mentioned, but this isn’t a situation of “we can let things be if we don’t find someone”. It’s more of a “buy Akanji desperately in the last day or we will be in trouble”

I agree with this, myself.

But bear in mind Mahrez himself wasn't signed as a replacement for anyone. When we signed him, we arguably didn't even need him, and many claimed that at the time. Same with Grealish. Gvardiol in fact as well. And the club didn't sign Harry Kane when we 'really' needed him, or Dias, Rodri and Haaland, all who we waited for, without signing anyone instead.

It is the obvious thing to conclude that we would definitely replace a player of his quality. But the club does have previous of not doing that, at least not in the same transfer window, so it isn't as absurd a suggestion as you make out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.