It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Keep the squad as it is. And I don’t think we’re in a spot of bother at all.

Ederson/Ortega

Centre back options as of now

Walker/Akanji Dias/Stones Ake/Laporte

Traditional fullbacks/inverted midfielders.
Rico Lewis, Sergio Gomez

Midfield:
Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Kovacic, Foden, McAtee

Attack:
Haaland, Alvarez, Grealish, Bobb

That’s not even considering the versatility of Walker, Stones, Lewis, Foden, Alvarez, KDB, Akanji etc. all can play in multiple positions.

I’ve not included Cancelo on purpose because imo that one’s a certain goner and there is no way back for him.

Not too chaotic for a treble winning side’s follow up season is it?
No squads to small. Experienced players aka Mahrez need replacing by more experience and hunger. We can't rely on too many youth players and doing so could hurt us.

I believed we were short last season and if it wasn't for our superb medical team keeping them all injury free it would have shown.

15 1st team players in your squad club would be bonkers to go with that.

Can anybody actually see us making another signing this summer?. Even if Walker and another goes I just think it's all too quiet with regards to players linked. As the squad stands we could probably lose another two first team players but definitely no more
I look at it like a house sale where not everyone in the chain is ready to exchange contracts just yet, but once they are, completion will quickly follow

That is a terrible squad to face 6 competitions. You only have 13 players who would fight for being in the first 11 (Ederson, Akanji, Stones, Dias, Ake, Walker, Rodri, Kovacic, Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez), 1 that is a good player but doesn't work on this system (Laporte) and a bunch of unproven players (youngsters + Gomez and Phillips).

Pep likes small squads, but if anyone thinks Pep likes this or even last seasons size, they are delusional. Our medics are great, but our luck with injuries last season was a miracle that it is unlikely to repeat again. With our current squad we are literally 2 injuries away from having to play the same players in every PL and UCL match.
Majority of the season rotates around the core players it’s not a big deal at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.