It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I've made my views on Lewis known previously. He's a homegrown, Lahm-type star in the making. Get his contract extension signed!

Another I have seriously high hopes for is Perrone. Every time I've seen him, he's impressed me. I'd love to see more of him at City this season. That's how highly I rate him.

Bobb has shown flashes, as has McAtee. Hopefully they'll remain with us this season & be given game time. However based on what I've seen so far, neither are quite ready to step up in a meaningful way.

We desperately need a Mahrez replacement, but whom? \0/

I've made my views on Lewis known previously. He's a homegrown, Lahm-type star in the making. Get his contract extension signed!

Another I have seriously high hopes for is Perrone. Every time I've seen him, he's impressed me. I'd love to see more of him at City this season. That's how highly I rate him.

Bobb has shown flashes, as has McAtee. Hopefully they'll remain with us this season & be given game time. However based on what I've seen so far, neither are quite ready to step up in a meaningful way.

Yeah I'm definitely agreeing with you on Rico & Perrone. I can actually see Pep putting together a Rico, Perrone midfield at some point in our future.. maybe in a Carabao Cup game to see how it holds up together.

McAtee and Bobb have impressed as well.

I would have liked to have seen more from Kalvin and Gomez and they seem to be the ones that'll be loaned out over the others.

Maybe palmer is staying now that Mahrez is leaving?

Yeah I'm definitely agreeing with you on Rico & Perrone. I can actually see Pep putting together a Rico, Perrone midfield at some point in our future.. maybe in a Carabao Cup game to see how it holds up together.

McAtee and Bobb have impressed as well.

I would have liked to have seen more from Kalvin and Gomez and they seem to be the ones that'll be loaned out over the others.
McAtee & Bobb have impressed me in small measures, however I can't see what they can offer when the real man football business starts, based on what I've seen this pre-season.

Agreed Kalvin & Gomez have been steady, particularly Kalvin. He can defend from midfield & pass accurately, BUT he's more a recycler & rarely makes progressive passes.

It was interesting seeing Kovacic playing as a No 6, with Philips dropping in as a double pivot when needed & playing further forward when we were building attacks.

He said his best season was playing as an 8 for Leeds during their promotion year. Hopefully he'll rediscover that forward looking playing momentum he had at then, rather than the safe way he's playing this pre-season.

Perhaps though, this is his way of building himself up physically & confidence-wise, from his CDM base into a more progressive midfielder.

As for Gomez, he's an option on the left & has shown as much as Jack this pre-season so far imo... \0/

Maybe palmer is staying now that Mahrez is leaving?
Dunno mate. I'm still of the view Palmer needs a PL season long loan where he can play without pressure & show what he can do in full meaningful games, & not just 15-20 min cameos in games we're already winning.

When given his chances last season, he mostly failed to impress...

Dunno mate. I'm still of the view Palmer needs a PL season long loan where he can play without pressure & show what he can do in full meaningful games, & not just 15-20 min cameos in games we're already winning.

When given his chances last season, he mostly failed to impress...
Sure, but if he takes Mahrez’s minutes he will play more than 15-20 min cameos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.