It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I reiterated the price in the article, whereas you have plucked a value out that seemingly ignores the fact that Mitoma is a Brighton player. What about how they sold White for £50m, Cucurella for £60m + and have rebuffed bids of up to £80m for Caicedo, makes you think they would value Mitoma at £25m? They wouldn't, it's your valuation and however accurate you feel it is, it makes no difference. The fact that he's not in the final year of his contract, means that Brighton aren't in a situation where they are desperate to sell (if he doesn't sign a new contract).

I don't think City will sign Mitoma and barring a clause like MacAllister had, I doubt any club will sign him for £50m. But, considering what Brighton are like, if City wanted to buy him, £50m would be surprising.

That's fair. Cucurella was a Barcelona academy player they paid over 20m for. White has the English premium. Caicedo I agree is crazy money, but they know it is Bohely paying it. Mitoma is different, a 2.5m punt back from a loan to Belgium, with a purple patch under a new manager that got a team clicking.

That's fair. Cucurella was a Barcelona academy player they paid over 20m for. White has the English premium. Caicedo I agree is crazy money, but they know it is Bohely paying it. Mitoma is different, a 2.5m punt back from a loan to Belgium, with a purple patch under a new manager that got a team clicking.

True! It would be more prudent to see how he plays for another year, but by that stage he'd more than likely have signed a new contract etc. By the names that are being mentioned (Olise, Doku, Mitoma) it does seem like City are trying to see if there is any value in the market.

Maybe but is Doyle not a little too "industrial" for their style?

I like Doyle, great attitude, just not sure he is good enough at a high PL level and Brighton are at a very high technical level.
He completely bossed a Spurs midfield last season and looked a cut above in a promotion winning Blades team.He is superb on the ball,his passing and set pieces are his strength,he may not be a starter,but he'd be a very useful player for them.

Quick question then, both to play devil’s advocate a bit and also to distract from those stuffy bastards winning today.

If we were to sell Laporte, Bernado and Phillips over the remainder of the window, and bring in Caicedo, Sane and Wirtz (or players in their positions of similar calibre), would the squad be better or worse off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.