It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I see Gus has deleted his account again, what did I miss?
I was on the outside looking in but it looked like the usual. Gus had a lot of interesting opinions but he took them as fact. He could be quite aggressive himself when defending those opinions but found it personally insulting when the same was done to him.

I sometimes found myself agreeing with him but when others didn’t and put their valid opinion forward for discussion they were accused of getting at him. As a result he found the forum stressful and it looks like he’s packed it in again.

Probably for the best as he wasn’t enjoying himself but I don’t believe he was driven away this time. Just an interesting poster who is very sensitive to his opinions being challenged and, lets face it, that’s standard on here as it is on most forums. It’s not a sign of weakness to debate and change your mind as a result, but very few people will take that opportunity particularly when it comes to something as personal as football.

I think you have to let some things go. Let’s take xG and analytics for an example. I’m a strong believer in them and can talk to some posters about it but the most popular opinion will be “it’s bollocks” You are not going to change that latter opinion whatever you say and will find yourself defending your stance over and over. It will get tiring and you won’t enjoy the rest of the forum so just move on.

Gus spent his whole time defending himself and taking other’s opinions as personal attacks when usually they weren’t.

I was on the outside looking in but it looked like the usual. Gus had a lot of interesting opinions but he took them as fact. He could be quite aggressive himself when defending those opinions but found it personally insulting when the same was done to him.

I sometimes found myself agreeing with him but when others didn’t and put their valid opinion forward for discussion they were accused of getting at him. As a result he found the forum stressful and it looks like he’s packed it in again.

Probably for the best as he wasn’t enjoying himself but I don’t believe he was driven away this time. Just an interesting poster who is very sensitive to his opinions being challenged and, lets face it, that’s standard on here as it is on most forums. It’s not a sign of weakness to debate and change your mind as a result, but very few people will take that opportunity particularly when it comes to something as personal as football.

I think you have to let some things go. Let’s take xG and analytics for an example. I’m a strong believer in them and can talk to some posters about it but the most popular opinion will be “it’s bollocks” You are not going to change that latter opinion whatever you say and will find yourself defending your stance over and over. It will get tiring and you won’t enjoy the rest of the forum so just move on.

Gus spent his whole time defending himself and taking other’s opinions as personal attacks when usually they weren’t.
agree with much of what you said bar xG cos its just bollocks (in other words i don't really get hows its calculated)

dont give it out if you cant take it back is a lesson for life that seems to have been sadly lost on the internet, people want to be able to spout their opinions but say they are 'triggered' when people have a different one.

dont give it out if you cant take it back is a lesson for life that seems to have been sadly lost on the internet, people want to be able to spout their opinions but say they are 'triggered' when people have a different one.
He did say he had had a tough year personally, but I am not surprised. It can't be good for your mental health to be so "aggressively" sure of your own opinions but so sensitive to blowback. If he is like that in real life too, I can imagine it being tough. A bit like Nick Harris, the sportingincel. Anyway, I enjoyed hearing his opinions even when I didn't agree with him. Shame he has gone again but I guess it was inevitable.

He did say he had had a tough year personally, but I am not surprised. It can't be good for your mental health to be so "aggressively" sure of your own opinions but so sensitive to blowback. If he is like that in real life too, I can imagine it being tough. A bit like Nick Harris, the sportingincel. Anyway, I enjoyed hearing his opinions even when I didn't agree with him. Shame he has gone again but I guess it was inevitable.
if he has had a tough year on a personal level then i hope it gets better for him and he has done the right thing, if you take it to seriously on here it will overhwelm you and who needs the grief, thats why i dont bother putting ITK stuff when i hear it because the grief that tolmie and other itks get just shows that it aint worth the hounding

if he has had a tough year on a personal level then i hope it gets better for him and he has done the right thing, if you take it to seriously on here it will overhwelm you and who needs the grief, thats why i dont bother putting ITK stuff when i hear it because the grief that tolmie and other itks get just shows that it aint worth the hounding
Any incomings?

What is it about Palmer off the field? I’ve not seen or heard anything. If you’re home life isn’t right you’re not gonna perform at work, whether you are a footballer or turning a lathe. John Stones worst period as a City player was when he split from his Mrs.

obviously got to be careful what I say here but I do have 1st hand knowledge that he is not the type that you would be happy if your daughter brought him home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.