It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Regarding cancelo, I’d have insisted on a permanent transfer for any teams looking to get him. Either Barca or any European teams would have to accept that or cancelo would have to be forced to look elsewhere like the Saudi league knowing that staying he city he has slim chance of any meaningful playing time.

Knowing Barca, I’m hesitant on them actually activating the buy option.
I don't think City were exactly forcing a loan instead of a permanent option. The reality of the situation is that he is on the wrong end of his 20s, Pep has publically criticised him and his loan at Bayern wasn't fantastic. Never mind his big wages. Its hardly attractive for many clubs.

Barca will give us a loan fee, take on his wages and who knows, they might trigger a buy next summer when they have another year to sort out their finances.

I'm convinced Laporte's ridiculous performance against Forest away was the end of the line for him...he never came back into the mix in anything meaningful again. I genuinely don't mind either. A couple seasons ago I became convinced we would not win a CL with Sterling, Mahrez, Cancelo, Walker or Ederson on the pitch. As much as I love Kyle, Ederson is the only one who proved me wrong...
Eh????? Walker going off in 22 against FC Franco literally cost us the champions league. Then he was a huge part of us doing the treble, huge.

He's the best RB we've ever had!

Apparently bidding for Doku monday. Paqueta will probably take a lot longer.
Hopefully we can get Doku for around £35m saw some clips of him against Nottingham Forrest in a friendly and he was cooking their left back. Looks a good prospect and project for Pep.

I reckon £85-90 for Paqueta sadly West Ham will and can ask for more money now Kev is out aswell. But good for numbers in the squad.

Eh????? Walker going off in 22 against FC Franco literally cost us the champions league. Then he was a huge part of us doing the treble, huge.

He's the best RB we've ever had!
It absolutely did cost us the tie. He was an enormous part of us doing the treble. He may be the best RB ANYONE has ever had.

I agree to all of that. Can anyone read? I said I had a list in my mind of guys that were doomed to never win the CL for us. I said it wasn't based on anything but a feel over watching the CL over the years. I also said it had zero to do with the Prem or any other comps. I apologized to Ederson. None of the other guys on my list started the match vs. Inter. So what? It's not the end of the world. Just some banter. Everyone is wound so tight anymore on this forum...

Why would we help them out then?
Are we really seeing how many experts here have dubbed Philips excess baggage and nonessential to the club. Also City always put players in mind when doing transfers. We try to procure transfers that are amiable and beneficial to the player. This is of course talking about players that are not on the waning stages of their career. Just like Gabby, Zinchenko and Sterling we will find an appropriate club for Philips were he will not feel he is devalued by moving.

I'm convinced Laporte's ridiculous performance against Forest away was the end of the line for him...he never came back into the mix in anything meaningful again. I genuinely don't mind either. A couple seasons ago I became convinced we would not win a CL with Sterling, Mahrez, Cancelo, Walker or Ederson on the pitch. As much as I love Kyle, Ederson is the only one who proved me wrong...
Walker literally proved you wrong he was on the pitch as a substitute when we won. As well as metaphorically proving you wrong by being a very important part of why we were there.

I don't think City were exactly forcing a loan instead of a permanent option. The reality of the situation is that he is on the wrong end of his 20s, Pep has publically criticised him and his loan at Bayern wasn't fantastic. Never mind his big wages. Its hardly attractive for many clubs.

Barca will give us a loan fee, take on his wages and who knows, they might trigger a buy next summer when they have another year to sort out their finances.

Has the second part of that been claimed anywhere, or is that you guess?

In: Paqueta (80-90m), Doku (43-47m) = 123-137m

Out: Palmer (30-40m), Laporte (30-35m), Doyle (?), Cancelo (loan), Harwood-Bellis (?), Perrone (loan), Gomez (loan). = 60-70m plus massive wages off the books.

All-in-all, fairly doable.

Walker literally proved you wrong he was on the pitch as a substitute when we won. As well as metaphorically proving you wrong by being a very important part of why we were there.
Ecstatic that we won. Happy for Walker and happy he's staying.

Based on the XI for the final Pep's thoughts weren't far from mine. Sterling, Zinchenko, Mahrez gone. Cancelo and Laporte going. Walker did not start which, btw, at that moment in time I DID NOT agree with.

That said, in retrospect, Ederson and Walker came through. Never been happier about being wrong (except once, but I digress).

Anything else you need me to say please let me know : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.