It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Ecstatic that we won. Happy for Walker and happy he's staying.

Based on the XI for the final Pep's thoughts weren't far from mine. Sterling, Zinchenko, Mahrez gone. Cancelo and Laporte going. Walker did not start which, btw, at that moment in time I DID NOT agree with.

That said, in retrospect, Ederson and Walker came through. Never been happier about being wrong (except once, but I digress).

Anything else you need me to say please let me know : )
I wasn't really trying to argue just pointing out that Walker was literally on the pitch when we won.
Pep didn't appear to happy with Mahrez going though he obviously hasn't always been a constant but last season was a pretty important squad member.

It absolutely did cost us the tie. He was an enormous part of us doing the treble. He may be the best RB ANYONE has ever had.

I agree to all of that. Can anyone read? I said I had a list in my mind of guys that were doomed to never win the CL for us. I said it wasn't based on anything but a feel over watching the CL over the years. I also said it had zero to do with the Prem or any other comps. I apologized to Ederson. None of the other guys on my list started the match vs. Inter. So what? It's not the end of the world. Just some banter. Everyone is wound so tight anymore on this forum...
WTH are you talking about those people you listed except for Sterling played last year in the CL. May I remind you one of those players, Mahrez single handedly drag City in the 2021 semi against PSG to reach our first final. A very important achievement and milestone for the club FYI. By your analogy D. Silva, Kun Aguero, VK and Fernandinho were never good enough to win CL. It's called right place and right time, get that in your head.

i wonder would madrid look at laporte now with all their injuries

Ecstatic that we won. Happy for Walker and happy he's staying.

Based on the XI for the final Pep's thoughts weren't far from mine. Sterling, Zinchenko, Mahrez gone. Cancelo and Laporte going. Walker did not start which, btw, at that moment in time I DID NOT agree with.

That said, in retrospect, Ederson and Walker came through. Never been happier about being wrong (except once, but I digress).

Anything else you need me to say please let me know : )
He didn’t start as he was injured the week before.

In: Paqueta (80-90m), Doku (43-47m) = 123-137m

Out: Palmer (30-40m), Laporte (30-35m), Doyle (?), Cancelo (loan), Harwood-Bellis (?), Perrone (loan), Gomez (loan). = 60-70m plus massive wages off the books.

All-in-all, fairly doable.
Loan for Laporte amazingly but would love to sell Phillips 30m, Palmer this season I would let go out on loan, it's a risk to sell him even at 30m, he is one that could come back to haunt us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.