It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

No better man than John Stones to play alongside Rodri. Stones was absolutely sensational playing that role last season.

Funnily enough Declan Rice cost £105m and is a traditional midfielder yet he can only dream of playing like John Stones.
I think your really underselling Rice, I’d have imagined he’d be equally adept given time and working under Pep.

It’s why we where interested, especially given respective injury records.

I love Stones and the compliment is he plays slightly out of position as well as the top players in position.

I hope he continues it, as it saved us having to over spend on Rice (although I do rate him highly).

So what is Paqueta ?

Kova is playing the Gundogan role Bernardo has played deep in midfield

We have played a midfield three surely of Rodri and some combination of Gundogan KDB Bernardo and Foden the role I assume Parqueta will play
It's only my opinion - but, I think Kova is the extra body we needed. He can do a little bit of everything and Chelsea asked him to play a few different roles.
I see more Gundo qualities in Paqueta. If you watch even the last game highlights from Saturday, he can pick a pass, arrive late in the box, score goals and can track back ( a question that surprisingly has not been asked on here!) He will be released from his defensive role a little, with us, so I expect his contribution going forward to increase. Lets see if he's capable of playing that KDB pass, the longer one that drops on a sixpence, with backspin!

It's only my opinion - but, I think Kova is the extra body we needed. He can do a little bit of everything and Chelsea asked him to play a few different roles.
I see more Gundo qualities in Paqueta. If you watch even the last game highlights from Saturday, he can pick a pass, arrive late in the box, score goals and can track back ( a question that surprisingly has not been asked on here!) He will be released from his defensive role a little, with us, so I expect his contribution going forward to increase. Lets see if he's capable of playing that KDB pass, the longer one that drops on a sixpence, with backspin!
I think you add the qualities of both of Kovacic and Paqueta you get Gundo as a whole player.
Kovacic has the technical side of his passing and tempo to the game plus ball retention and Paqueta had the creativity up front.

Rodri will be the one surprising a few people this season, already in the Burnley game we watched him pushing on far more, he will score plenty this season.

Kovacic is almost a Gundogan clone in terms of his footballing IQ and ability to create space. Kovacic dribbles more than Gundogan and Gundogan learned to score by arriving late in the box as the third man.

In terms of build up, Kovacic is as good as Gundogan and so we’ll see little drop off in our build up with him this season.

He’ll be invaluable in the bigger games where a proper double pivot may be needed. He’s press resistant and knows when to move the ball on when being tackled.

Whoever it was before that asked how players were worried about Foden with Paqueta, but less so with Wirtz is bang on. Foden is KDB’s replacement. Paqueta is the other 8 when we need more creativity.

Does anyone know why we aren’t in for Kudus if West Ham are replacing Paqueta with him. Seems like he was never a target for us but a great player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.