It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

yeah mate should have predicted the future and bought a Mahrez replacement before we knew he wanted to go...

Of course it is reactive. We had loose ends with Gundogan, Cancelo and Bernardo going into the summer. Mahrez suddenly decided he wanted out. Then we had Bayern to deal with over Walker and Ortega.

We've done well to keep hold of Walker and Bernardo, as well as sign our main target in Gvardiol.

Now we still have a bit of work to do with a midfielder or winger (I was never convinced we needed both) left to sign.

It's definitely been a tough window but if we can still add one more player of quality I think we'll be in pretty good shape.
Gundo - should have been offered the terms he wanted.

Mahrez - He was unhappy with his game time towards the end of the season. We should have been looking for a new winger regardless.

Walker - Absolute nonsense fiasco with Bayern. He has a contract should've been told to he's not going, speculation ended just like with Ortega.

Bernardo - With the current transfer fees this window, no one but Saudi could afford him, should've been told he was staying too, speculation ended.

Kovacic - I've always said was a good early signing.

Gvardiol - £77 million was a decent price, but for the length it took it wasnt a priority signing we had cover in that posistion.

Gundo - should have been offered the terms he wanted.

Mahrez - He was unhappy with his game time towards the end of the season. We should have been looking for a new winger regardless.

Walker - Absolute nonsense fiasco with Bayern. He has a contract should've been told to he's not going, speculation ended just like with Ortega.

Bernardo - With the current transfer fees this window, no one but Saudi could afford him, should've been told he was staying too, speculation ended.

Kovacic - I've always said was a good early signing.

Gvardiol - £77 million was a decent price, but for the length it took it wasnt a priority signing we had cover in that posistion.
Winning the Champions League was a big factor in Gundogan and Mahrez going. They’d done it all and at 32, they wanted a new challenge/more money in a less intense environment.

Walker too was tempted as he’d done it all here, but we managed to make him stay, just about.

Winning the Champions League was a big factor in Gundogan and Mahrez going. They’d done it all and at 32, they wanted a new challenge/more money in a less intense environment.

Walker too was tempted as he’d done it all here, but we managed to make him stay, just about.
It’s a jolly good job Barcelona couldn’t afford Bernardo or we’d be in a proper pickle.

Problem seems to be every club we deal with move the goalposts last minute or try to fuck us over in some way which is why negotiations take so long yet when we sell a player it always seems plane sailing

To posters saying City were taken by surprise by Mahrez or Laporte or Gundogun or Bsilva position, I don't think so that's true.
After the world cup, there was an Athletic article about 5-6 players not happy to not being playing. Similarly two years back when it was Jesus and ZInchenko creating a fuss.
We won the treble still because we are managed by the greatest manager of all time but unhappy players - we tend to have a few of them every year

Problem seems to be every club we deal with move the goalposts last minute or try to fuck us over in some way which is why negotiations take so long yet when we sell a player it always seems plane sailing
Normally I'd say that's nonsense but this window with SA stepping in has screwed everybody over.

If I was of a paranoid nature I'd be wondering about Whatsapp groups having private talks about how to screw us over this window :)

Would our management blow a season one of only 2 left with Pep without a further extension, after one of the most profitable seasons ever.
We also have a net spend of 24m + over the past 5 years we are loaded.

Have patience we still have a couple of weeks KDB means we must move for someone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.