It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Must be just me, I'm totally relaxed about the situation, maybe just maybe we will have to give youth more of a chance,, all for it me
You're happy with the fact we've missed out on three midfield targets and have been left scrambling for another target? Our best midfielder is out for half the season and we've already seen we lack creativity without De Bruyne. I'm all for giving youth a chance but you can't expect McAtee etc to come in and instantly be the solution.

Must be just me, I'm totally relaxed about the situation, maybe just maybe we will have to give youth more of a chance,, all for it me
I'm not relaxed about the situation (think we should get a creative midfielder & a winger as it happens) BUT not in the least bothered if we miss out on both Paqueta & Doku.

Not good enough, either of them.

Can never really assess a window until we have seen who has come in and who has left. As it stands, I’m rather sanguine about having missed out on reported targets and suspect that even if we do have to rely on our youngsters, we will still be in good shape. We won’t win a treble, to be sure, but we might be as strong further down the line.

Far too much pressure would be put on Mcatee and Bobb to deliver, and we know their first poor game would result in them being dropped for the next. We have to strengthen simple as that

I think the fact that City are 'hurriedly' looking for alternatives for Paqueta (who was 3rd or 4th choice) demonstrate it's been a bit shit. We shouldn't be in this situation in a position that the club view as one of need.
We are on August 18th, with just 2 weeks to go on the transfer window, about to enter our 4th game of the season and we still hasn't signed a single attacking player despite letting 2 go and having our perhaps best player out half the season. Thats all the fact we need to understand this transfer window has gone far from as planned.

Hopefully Txiki has an ace (or 2-3) up his sleeve because otherwise this transfer window could end up being one to remember, and not in a positive way. But, there is still 2 weeks left so lets wait and see what happens, it can still turn out great even if it certainly doesn't look like it right now :)

With that said, we are playing a top4 side from last season tomorrow, just 2 days after we travelled home from Greece, and we will probably have zero senior attacking options on the bench. Regardless of what transfer business we do these last 2 weeks, we should have started working on it a lot sooner. But its always easy to say what one "should have done" in hindsight.

You're happy with the fact we've missed out on three midfield targets and have been left scrambling for another target? Our best midfielder is out for half the season and we've already seen we lack creativity without De Bruyne. I'm all for giving youth a chance but you can't expect McAtee etc to come in and instantly be the solution.
But we expect a new player to be an instant solution. What about it takes 12 months to adjust.

City will decide, and if that’s McAtee and Cole, then bring it on

Rice didn't want to leave London, we were never getting Bellingham whatever we did, and WH thought they could pull our pants down.
So we haven't "missed out" it's just the way things went, we won't sign every player we're interested in and people should accept that. In the first 2 cases we should have known that was the case though

Maybe he’s happy because even after missing out on targets we are still the best team with the best manager in the world and have more than enough about us to get through these early season concerns.
You can look at it as glass half empty if you wish but it doesn’t mean everyone else does.

Rice didn't want to leave London, we were never getting Bellingham whatever we did, and WH thought they could pull our pants down.
So we haven't "missed out" it's just the way things went, we won't sign every player we're interested in and people should accept that. In the first 2 cases we should have known that was the case though
I disagree on the Rice and Bellingham, if we matched arsenal price I reckon he would have joined us and if we offered 150m for Bellingham it would have potentially made it happen for us, based on the prices floating about 200m would be cheap for Bellingham

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.