It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I wonder if there was no summer window and only a winter window if it could be good for young players. Clubs would be forced to try their squad as is and augment/improve them with their academy players. Then in January clubs would be free to trade as normal.

Who said we’re “frantically searching” for a replacement?

Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko) said we are hurriedly looking for a replacement. Jack G said we are looking for a replacement. There's 2 weeks left, I would be happier that they were frantic or hurried in finding someone

Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko) said we are hurriedly looking for a replacement. Jack G said we are looking for a replacement. There's 2 weeks left, I would be happier that they were frantic or hurried in finding someone
Frantic and hurried suggests panic and poor decisions.

I hope they’ve had a nice meal at Tast and decided who they want next from their list.

Not really. We replaced Gundogan with Kovacic.

We wanted to buy Bellingham as a long term project. He turned us down. It happens.

We didn’t really want Rice, but might have taken him had he wanted to come here. He didn’t. It happens.

KDB then gets injured for 4 months and things then take a more intense turn.

Paqueta was next. Negotiations on a fee were underway. West Ham stalled a bit and in the meantime, we find out Paqueta is a spot fixer, potentially, and walk away.

We weren’t ready for that bombshell.

We’ll still have names on our list. There’s time left and Txiki and Pep don’t tend to panic.

Trust the process.

We didn't really want Rice but bid £90m for the fucking craic. We were also in negotiations for Paqueta prior to KDB being injured.

Not really. We replaced Gundogan with Kovacic.

We wanted to buy Bellingham as a long term project. He turned us down. It happens.

We didn’t really want Rice, but might have taken him had he wanted to come here. He didn’t. It happens.

KDB then gets injured for 4 months and things then take a more intense turn.

Paqueta was next. Negotiations on a fee were underway. West Ham stalled a bit and in the meantime, we find out Paqueta is a spot fixer, potentially, and walk away.

We weren’t ready for that bombshell.

We’ll still have names on our list. There’s time left and Txiki and Pep don’t tend to panic.

Trust the process.
When you put it like that in black and white it looks like an episode of eastenders. Unpredictable window indeed. What’s next?

City have a lengthy list of targets when recruiting for any position. I’m sure we’re just systematically working through it. The notion that one of the very elite clubs in world sports are “frantically searching” for a player is farcical.

Frantic and hurried suggests panic and poor decisions.

I hope they’ve had a nice meal at Tast and decided who they want next from their list.

Frantic & hurried in this context suggests they had multiple choices for CM and have landed none of them, yet feel they need one with the window closing in 2 weeks. Otherwise, they wouldn't be repeatedly after a CM.

We didn't really want Rice but bid £90m for the fucking craic. We were also in negotiations for Paqueta prior to KDB being injured.
We weren’t really in for Rice. We tested the water to see how it lay. (Unless you believe Aluko)

Even if there were links to Paqueta before KDB got injured, it doesn’t change much.

I‘m still relaxed. Pep still makes us title favourites whether we buy or don’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.