It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

City have a lengthy list of targets when recruiting for any position. I’m sure we’re just systematically working through it. The notion that one of the very elite clubs in world sports are “frantically searching” for a player is farcical.

Yes, just like the notion that one of the very elite clubs identified a need for a CM and have moved from Bellingham to Rice to Paqueta to plan D is farcical. Yet here we are. Phrase it however you like, but it's ridiculous.

We weren’t really in for Rice. We tested the water to see how it lay. (Unless you believe Aluko)

Even if there were links to Paqueta before KDB got injured, it doesn’t change much.

I‘m still relaxed. Pep still makes us title favourites whether we buy or don’t.

How is bidding £90m not really being in for a player? When have we done that before?

I agree Pep is the difference maker and we have a better starting XI than anyone. My concern is that the squad is thin, and the club evidently think this as well otherwise they wouldn't have pursued midfielders & wingers. By most accounts, an £80m deal for Paqueta was nearly done before his betting became apparent. City wouldn't spunk that for no reason.

Frantic & hurried in this context suggests they had multiple choices for CM and have landed none of them, yet feel they need one with the window closing in 2 weeks. Otherwise, they wouldn't be repeatedly after a CM.
We’ve had 3 targets. Bellingham turned us down.

Rice wanted to stay in London and wasn’t a priority for us as we have Rodri, Kovacic and Phillips at 6 and Rice isn’t good enough to be an 8 for us.

Paqueta has betting issues that nobody expected.

It’s obvious that City want a couple more to add to the squad and I expect they’ll come in.

Targets change. Trust the process.

Yes, just like the notion that one of the very elite clubs identified a need for a CM and have moved from Bellingham to Rice to Paqueta to plan D is farcical. Yet here we are. Phrase it however you like, but it's ridiculous.
We are one of the top clubs in world football
There are only a very small number of players that can improve our squad/team
There will also be a small number of elite clubs that the said player will consider
Sometimes they choose us sometimes they choose others (Madrid for example)
These players are multi millionaires and they will be offered similar packages by any club interested in them
It comes down to choice/lifestyle and is very complex
Not sure it’s farcical we can’t click out fingers like the pied piper and have elite world class players come running
They are in short supply
Look who we have signed and what we have won and who our manager is and get a grip
We will be fine

I remember when we did the same with our centre backs and went down our list until we got Ruben Dias.

The Paqueta situation is, admittedly, ridiculous. But completely out of our hands. Bellingham chose Madrid over us, which is fair enough, and the Rice interest always seemed a bit half hearted. I’d wait until the end of the window before casting judgement though.

We’ve had 3 targets. Bellingham turned us down.

Rice wanted to stay in London and wasn’t a priority for us as we have Rodri, Kovacic and Phillips at 6 and Rice isn’t good enough to be an 8 for us.

Paqueta has betting issues that nobody expected.

It’s obvious that City want a couple more to add to the squad and I expect they’ll come in.

Targets change. Trust the process.
Say whaaaaaat?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.