It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Would love us to sign a winger, Pep will work out a plan for the middle, I’d love to know who he’s referencing in his press conference regarding the three academy players he’s planning to integrate so they are not “stolen”, I got the feeling he wasn’t talking about Bobb, Mcatee etc but maybe I’m wrong.

The Paqueta situation is, admittedly, ridiculous. But completely out of our hands. Bellingham chose Madrid over us, which is fair enough, and the Rice interest always seemed a bit half hearted. I’d wait until the end of the window before casting judgement though.

Tbh I'm not bothered about why City didn't land these players - it's that they were identified as a need and that need hasn't been filled with the window closing in 2 weeks. That alone increases the cost of any possible player because of the limited time it gives selling clubs to find a replacement. It also reduces the availability of players. It's clear that Pep and the club feel there is a need for a CM & a winger, so to be this close to the deadline and still looking is hardly beneficial. They may still land players, which will be great, but it's poor that it's got to this point.

Tbh I'm not bothered about why City didn't land these players - it's that they were identified as a need and that need hasn't been filled with the window closing in 2 weeks. That alone increases the cost of any possible player because of the limited time it gives selling clubs to find a replacement. It also reduces the availability of players. It's clear that Pep and the club feel there is a need for a CM & a winger, so to be this close to the deadline and still looking is hardly beneficial. They may still land players, which will be great, but it's poor that it's got to this point.

Give them a break. We have got everything right over the last 5-6 years and won the lot. Perhaps they have got one or two things wrong (we will wait and see), but to start saying things like ‘it’s ridiculous’ we are in this position is actually ridiculous.

Yeah. It’s dead easy to find & sign top players who fit your team & can reach the standards set by treble winning; 3x PL winning teams…….

& at the same time ensuring we’re not being ripped off

Yeah. It’s dead easy to find & sign top players who fit your team & can reach the standards set by treble winning; 3x PL winning teams…….

& at the same time ensuring we’re not being ripped off

Indeed, and surely it's more difficult to expect your 4th choice to fit that bill?

Are you one of those chaps that sits in his plane seat, as its about to take off on your holidays, worrying that you left the iron on?

Interesting that pep said we are not looking for a direct kdb replacement as Kev will be back and playing until his contract expires. It’s almost like a puzzle. We keep looking for a different piece to complete the team. If we buy a kdb clone what happens to Kev when he comes back? It’s good to see the club think in this way. Keeps squad harmony l and stops players from getting the hump.

Anyone who is having a go at any of our top executives is either mental or attention seeking or worse a twatter troll.

they literally can’t do anymore from a treble. If you can’t enjoy it now you never will. Interesting watch this season with a few problems to navigate.

More than the buys ,players sales have been poor .Getting 16 million for Laporte and paying part of the salary for Cancelo is very bad business .
Laporte is a disaster. No idea what they're supposed to do with Cancelo. The market is the market. The player is in control of his destination and City want him gone more than he wants to leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.