It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We and Txiki have dodged huge bullets over the last few years, Sanchez, Maguire, Fred etc, by luck or judgment who knows.

Trust the little fella with the Cuban heels to get out his little black contact book and get in the player (s) we need.

If Dortmund really want Palmer, maybe we should have a look at Julian Brandt. Decent player, had his best season for Dortmund last year and is probably cheaper than other options.

I am mostly just referring to the briefs they always make when they fail to land a target. the whole "X can play there", "city are satisfied with the squad", just don't like that! but that's just me lol

For you and anyone that seems to have this weird idea that Pep is detached from the transfer process, and unhappy with what is going on. Below.

Guardiola praised the way City have gone about their business in previous years, saying they have always paid what they deem is "fair" for players.

"If we are able to do it, we will do it. We will do what we have always done which is pay what we believe is fair," he said.

"We wanted [Harry] Maguire, we didn't find an agreement so we didn't pay, we wanted [Marc] Cucurella, we wouldn't pay, we wanted Alexis Sanchez, we wouldn't pay.

"We want to pay what is fair, otherwise we have the academy."

More recently, City have also backed down from transfers for Harry Kane and Declan Rice because of high transfer fees.

"I think the club is so smart doing what it's done. We are here with the demand to win every game and play a fantastic game," said Guardiola.

"The strategy is to win but we will not be desperate to do something if we don't believe in it just to have one more player.

"There are a lot of clubs that have to get rid of a lot of players or they have lots of players coming back from loans - we don't have that problem which is nice.

"That's why the strategy we have done the last few years means the club is working really well with many things."

Yes, just like the notion that one of the very elite clubs identified a need for a CM and have moved from Bellingham to Rice to Paqueta to plan D is farcical. Yet here we are. Phrase it however you like, but it's ridiculous.

You kind of answered your own weird take. We have looked for top level elite midfielders, who could improve an already elite team. Not just any old squad body. If we can get one, the right one, we will. If not, we'll probably wait till we can.

One thing we could do to certainly placate the masses would be to get the Doku deal boxed off asap, even if that means paying slightly more than we wanted.

Would certainly take an element of pressure off finding the midfielder as having a new winger would free up others to play more centrally if required.

I take the point that we’ve done really well in the past on transfers despite missing out on targets. And in certain positions we can’t improve in what we have ( goalkeepers, centre forward).

But I do think we look light this season. 3 of the best creative players are not here (2 gone for good) and this may really impact Erling. I don’t see who in the squad is going to step up. Palmer? Perhaps this is the season Foden goes up a level. But these are not a given.

Again I take the point that the transfers in the past have been good but I really hope that at least one creative player is signed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.