It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You got hammered more because you want 30 new players every summer, irrelevant of how well we’ve done the season before.

You have always had shiny new toy syndrome. It gets particularly bad in mid August should we not have bought each and every target.

We‘re in unchartered waters as you can’t ask Tolmie if he’s heard anything 15 times a day,

Patience!
You don't think Richards isn't still stalking him on Twitter?

;)

The best generations of teams re-shape at their peak. We made a right mess with ‘Sinclair summer’ because we didn’t improve. But it’s also about people moving on at the right time. A statue for Gundogan is a fair shout. But he’s gone on a high and there were signs pre World Cup that age and pace of this league was catching. 12 months on, it seems a pretty fair and objective decision all round that he’s been allowed his move. Mahrez is a loss but is good business in the overall picture when he wanted to go. Same for academy sales. We have brought in a serial Champions league winner and the most sought after defender in the world. We already have the best forward in the world, the most exciting English talent and secured key contract renewals of our heartbeat. We will sign someone else. I came back from Istanbul and emotionally said we could lose every game til Christmas and I’d be unable to begrudge this team and management for what they have given us. I still think along those lines as an exaggerated principle. I’m pretty confident they’re so proud, innovative and outright levels above others that there’s little to worry about. And if there’s more competition, there’s more to take points off each other. I still wouldn’t swap this squad or management for any other in world football. And clubs are learning we won’t be fleeced so not to try or they lose their pay day or end up with a disillusioned asset. There has to be some pain in that approach before the habit is formed and Haaland and Gvardiol are examples of it locking in, not least Alanji and Alvarez. Happy times Blues, let’s enjoy tonight
I know you're saying it tongue in cheek about you not minding if we lost every game up to Christmas, but we'd be in a huge relegation fight if that happened. Admittedly, it would be different, lol

Even Phillips would be better than Doyle. We shouldn’t be having to rely on these unproven kids if we’re aiming to even come close to last season’s success.
This is something I just do not understand: any new signing coming from another league is unproven. Anyone joining this team is unproven because we play in such a different way to any other team in world football. When you say rely, do you mean consistently using them as starters? One, or en-masse?

Even Phillips? He is a £40m signing, PL proven and an England international. It is definitely this kind of emotive post that makes me feel that there is a rising entitlement here. The man has hardly played - certainly not enough to be so utterly dismissed - but neither has Tommy Doyle, so the assumption that him gaining some minutes would lead to our collapse and complete inability to win ANYTHING is ridiculous, IMO.

I know you're saying it tongue in cheek about you not minding if we lost every game up to Christmas, but we'd be in a huge relegation fight if that happened. Admittedly, it would be different, lol
Yeah, I’d probably mind by about mid September! But I reckon I’d still not begrudge the players and management after all they’ve given us. Get to January though and they could all go….. I just think we’re in a wonderful position looking backwards and forwards. And I’d never want to sound entitled - we lived through enough of hearing how bad that sounded in the 90s and 00’s.

This is something I just do not understand: any new signing coming from another league is unproven. Anyone joining this team is unproven because we play in such a different way to any other team in world football. When you say rely, do you mean consistently using them as starters? One, or en-masse?

Even Phillips? He is a £40m signing, PL proven and an England international. It is definitely this kind of emotive post that makes me feel that there is a rising entitlement here. The man has hardly played - certainly not enough to be so utterly dismissed - but neither has Tommy Doyle, so the assumption that him gaining some minutes would lead to our collapse and complete inability to win ANYTHING is ridiculous, IMO.
But but
You won't win anything with kids ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.