It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That’s long for Kev. Just use this season as experience for the academy , throw Mcatee in midfield see if he can replicate what he did at Sheffield but at a higher level . Then see what the market is like next summer.

No trophies this season then. Unacceptable. Pretty sure we’ll sign someone, the squad was too small even before Kev’s injury.

No, just if the club value Cole, Mcatee , bob and Rico just play them this season. See what they can do. If it doesn’t work out , it doesn’t work out. See what this insane Market is like next summer.

Prices never come down.

And why should it be us that have to be careful when we’re actually wealthier than the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool and Arsenal?

I think the team is ready to compete with the current squad

except Pep has to sell Kalvin Philips since he doesnt trust him and just use Doyle as Rodri back up.

The best generations of teams re-shape at their peak. We made a right mess with ‘Sinclair summer’ because we didn’t improve. But it’s also about people moving on at the right time. A statue for Gundogan is a fair shout. But he’s gone on a high and there were signs pre World Cup that age and pace of this league was catching. 12 months on, it seems a pretty fair and objective decision all round that he’s been allowed his move. Mahrez is a loss but is good business in the overall picture when he wanted to go. Same for academy sales. We have brought in a serial Champions league winner and the most sought after defender in the world. We already have the best forward in the world, the most exciting English talent and secured key contract renewals of our heartbeat. We will sign someone else. I came back from Istanbul and emotionally said we could lose every game til Christmas and I’d be unable to begrudge this team and management for what they have given us. I still think along those lines as an exaggerated principle. I’m pretty confident they’re so proud, innovative and outright levels above others that there’s little to worry about. And if there’s more competition, there’s more to take points off each other. I still wouldn’t swap this squad or management for any other in world football. And clubs are learning we won’t be fleeced so not to try or they lose their pay day or end up with a disillusioned asset. There has to be some pain in that approach before the habit is formed and Haaland and Gvardiol are examples of it locking in, not least Alanji and Alvarez. Happy times Blues, let’s enjoy tonight

I think the team is ready to compete with the current squad

except Pep has to sell Kalvin Philips since he doesnt trust him and just use Doyle as Rodri back up.

Even Phillips would be better than Doyle. We shouldn’t be having to rely on these unproven kids if we’re aiming to even come close to last season’s success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.