It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

A consequence of us not having secured our reported targets is that whomever we now send out on loan ( e.g. Palmer, Bobb, McAtee, Doyle, THB etc.) is going to arrive at a club whose season has already begun, and they are therefore going to take time to settle and adapt to their new surroundings and catch up with fitness and tactics. That is less than ideal and will need to be considered when assessing next summer how they have developed.

More than the buys ,players sales have been poor .Getting 16 million for Laporte and paying part of the salary for Cancelo is very bad business .

you are right, we should keep laporte who wont play much because we have plenty of better options, we don't need the 16m which will go down as profit, and are happy to pay his 200k? wages

cancelo ,and again spot on, we shouldn't let cancelo go out on loan and pay a % of his wages, we should keep a player who wont play and pay 100% of his wages

not forgetting that will be 2 more places we cant fill with new players because we wouldn't have the space

you are a fucking genius.

or

a clueless knobhead

whats your plan then mr oracle

If we never win another trophy in my lifetime everything achieved over the last decade plus has made me a very happy, contented City fan.
having the success we have had will make not winning worse than before, nothing worse than reflecting on past glories

what i want from city is a team that can compete and win on a regular basis, win and improve every season, but i wont not flap when we don't sign a player or two like a lot of fans on the transfer threads do

Wirtz
Olmo
Doku
Fati (loan swap with Cancelo)
Cherki
Eze

hopefully we look at a couple of these type players who benefit us now but young enough to improve and fight the stay in the starting 11 for the future.
we could sign every single one of those players tomorrow and on monday you would be wanting someone else, you my friend start the avalanche of flapping every single window, you are mad for it

The best generations of teams re-shape at their peak. We made a right mess with ‘Sinclair summer’ because we didn’t improve. But it’s also about people moving on at the right time. A statue for Gundogan is a fair shout. But he’s gone on a high and there were signs pre World Cup that age and pace of this league was catching. 12 months on, it seems a pretty fair and objective decision all round that he’s been allowed his move. Mahrez is a loss but is good business in the overall picture when he wanted to go. Same for academy sales. We have brought in a serial Champions league winner and the most sought after defender in the world. We already have the best forward in the world, the most exciting English talent and secured key contract renewals of our heartbeat. We will sign someone else. I came back from Istanbul and emotionally said we could lose every game til Christmas and I’d be unable to begrudge this team and management for what they have given us. I still think along those lines as an exaggerated principle. I’m pretty confident they’re so proud, innovative and outright levels above others that there’s little to worry about. And if there’s more competition, there’s more to take points off each other. I still wouldn’t swap this squad or management for any other in world football. And clubs are learning we won’t be fleeced so not to try or they lose their pay day or end up with a disillusioned asset. There has to be some pain in that approach before the habit is formed and Haaland and Gvardiol are examples of it locking in, not least Alanji and Alvarez. Happy times Blues, let’s enjoy tonight
no no no, that's not how you do it when you are new to bluemoon, what are you thinking, you scream that txiki is a fraud, pep is finished and everyone who doesn't expect 100% 10-0 wins all season are happy clappers, do have to tell everyone how our dof knows fuckall, and come up with players to sign who were great last night on fifa.

mods we've got a wum

If we never win another trophy in my lifetime everything achieved over the last decade plus has made me a very happy, contented City fan.

I’ve been on this journey from shit to fantastic and back again. I saw us win a trophy on the last game of the season at Newcastle in 1968. The first game I attended was in 1957 I was 4 years old. As I said before I like most will support this club to the day I die which ever division we are playing in. We made the best of it when we were shit but by fuck it’s even better watching us dominate.

At the moment I don’t think I’m negative but I am concerned because we haven’t replaced the goals or assists we’ve lost.

I think most people who are concerned, as daft as it may sound are wanting the best for City rather than themselves.

Sorry for repeating some of this I tend to think people automatically know what my thoughts are without writing them in full. 8-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.