It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The pile-on on Kalvin Phillips is so unnecessary. Can we keep this thread for discussion about potential signings, rather than a constant slagging off of a player who has been injured, had an operation, and has played very few minutes?

Yeah it's been boring same shit over and over again, talks about it elsewhere where the hateboner for him will be piled on there.

I don’t understand comments like this, it isn’t a “pile on”, it’s just stating a fact that our manager is not interested in playing him.
It absolutely is a pile-on.

We get it. A lot of people want him gone. It doesn't need to come up this many times in a thread which is primarily supposed to be about rumoured incomings and outgoings. The lad's own "Player Performance" thread is approaching 100 pages, for crying out loud, despite him not playing a minute, mostly made up of people having a go and making inferences about his intelligence, for some reason. It's embarrassing, frankly, to have so many people repeating the same old stuff over and over and over again and often appearing to take such joy in bringing one of our own players down. I pray for his own mental health that the lad never actually takes a look on the forum to see what people have said about him.

And fair enough, there's a discussion to be had about KP and why we bought him and what we're gonna do with him. Of course there is, but when I repeatedly see him called thick, a "dimwit", a "moron", insulted for laughing, insulted for not laughing, insulted for sitting on the bench, insulting for not being subbed, and so on, ad bloody nauseam, in almost every thread on the forum, then yes, it falls into "pile-on" territory.

It isn't his fault we bought him. It isn't his fault we potentially made a mistake and wasted the money. At the end of last season, he seemed committed to getting in shape, listening to Pep, and trying to work his way into contention. By any measure, surely that deserves respect, and he's well within his rights to want to try to play for us. He had one injury-ravaged season, and by the time he was in a physical condition to possibly play, we were chasing a history-making treble and he had next-to-no shot of getting in the team. He's allowed to have a bit of hope that his second season might be better, isn't he?

Maybe not. Maybe after a friendly and two league games "the penny should drop" and he should "fuck off for the sake of his career, the dimwit". Honestly...

Back on the actual topic (sorry), very interested that Barella's name has apparently come up. He's a player I've really rated the past couple of years, like a lot of people. Seems very consistent and versatile, which are obviously qualities that we tend to enjoy a lot.

Time's a tickin' away though now... Frankly, I'll be glad to see the end of this transfer window and just focus on the football. It's been a mess, let's be honest. I don't think it's been a bad window, necessarily, but it hasn't been a world-beater, either. Still time for it to get better though, and even if we end up with what we've got, I always have faith in Pep to figure out a way to make it work.

We get it. A lot of people want him gone. It doesn't need to come up this many times in a thread which is primarily supposed to be about rumoured incomings and outgoings. The lad's own "Player Performance" thread is approaching 100 pages, for crying out loud, despite him not playing a minute, mostly made up of people having a go and making inferences about his intelligence, for some reason. It's embarrassing, frankly, to have so many people repeating the same old stuff over and over and over again and often appearing to take such joy in bringing one of our own players down. I pray for his own mental health that the lad never actually takes a look on the forum to see what people have said about him.

And fair enough, there's a discussion to be had about KP and why we bought him and what we're gonna do with him. Of course there is, but when I repeatedly see him called thick, a "dimwit", a "moron", insulted for laughing, insulted for not laughing, insulted for sitting on the bench, insulting for not being subbed, and so on, ad bloody nauseam, in almost every thread on the forum, then yes, it falls into "pile-on" territory.

It isn't his fault we bought him. It isn't his fault we potentially made a mistake and wasted the money. At the end of last season, he seemed committed to getting in shape, listening to Pep, and trying to work his way into contention. By any measure, surely that deserves respect, and he's well within his rights to want to try to play for us. He had one injury-ravaged season, and by the time he was in a physical condition to possibly play, we were chasing a history-making treble and he had next-to-no shot of getting in the team. He's allowed to have a bit of hope that his second season might be better, isn't he?

Maybe not. Maybe after a friendly and two league games "the penny should drop" and he should "fuck off for the sake of his career, the dimwit". Honestly...

Back on the actual topic (sorry), very interested that Barella's name has apparently come up. He's a player I've really rated the past couple of years, like a lot of people. Seems very consistent and versatile, which are obviously qualities that we tend to enjoy a lot.

Time's a tickin' away though now... Frankly, I'll be glad to see the end of this transfer window and just focus on the football. It's been a mess, let's be honest. I don't think it's been a bad window, necessarily, but it hasn't been a world-beater, either. Still time for it to get better though, and even if we end up with what we've got, I always have faith in Pep to figure out a way to make it work.
Nobody likes a talker.

This, is not about criticizing about his footballing skill anymore. It's now become an obsession and hatred for some people in internet against Philips.

I'd rather Wirtz. Barella is your run of the mill all round good midfielder. He is Kovacic with a shot. Wirtz is special. Him and Foden as the future of AM is mouth watering

I'd absolutely love Wirtz, but the chance of getting him this window is like 1%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.