It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Bellingham wanted Madrid, so that was a situation out of our control.

Rice was the only strange one, and I simply never got why we made a bid that we almost certainly knew would be rejected and one we would not increase.

If we get in two of Doku, Barella, Wurtz , Barcoda, it's been a very good window.

Bernardo extending is a huge bonus.
I agree that would be a good window!
Barcola I'm not convinced of, not because I have seen him play much but since he has less than 20 senior starts in his career and no particularly impressive underlying statistics in a league much worse than PL. Just by looking at his numbers it seems strange we would be interested in him this summer, but if we do sign him I would assume City know what they are doing, we usually do.

But I think we can forget about signing Wirtz or Barella. Attacking minded players of that level, who are also the absolute star player in their teams, teams that are counting on them this season, rarely move this late in the window unless its been a transfer story dragging out all summer meaning their clubs have been somewhat open to the idea of selling them all summer. Both Inter and Leverkusen would most likely (just my guess, I obviously dont claim to know) demand significantly more at this stage of the window than what we would consider "reasonable". I simply think its too late for us to have any realistic chances of signing any of these two this summer, if we would have started negotiations to sign them 1-2 months ago it would perhaps have been a different story. But again, I'm obviously just a dumb fan that have no idea about whats going on behind closed doors, and I would happily be wrong!

Signing big name players this late in the window is difficult and I think its a real possibility we could end up with just signing Doku!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.