It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

All this faffing around on sub level players. We should have tested Arsenal’s resolve and put £120m on table for Odegaard .
Getting him would also weaken our closest rivals and would provide us with long term Kev replacement.
He also must be close friends with big Earl
Not withstanding the piss it would boil
We have spent 200m every season for the past three years. We have been paying players to leave our club - Pepe, Aubameyang, Bellerin, Niles, Torriera have all had their contracts torn up and paid off. Were not spending all this money to formulate incomings and outgoings only to wither at 120m for our captain, leader and in my opinion our best player. A sale that would undermine all the time, effort and investment of the past three seasons. We have spent heavily in the past three years, alot more than 120m, yet a sale of Odegaard for 120m would be a dent in the hull and could sink the entire Arteta-Edu project. Therefore, what makes you think 120m would be a competitive offer for Odegaard? 120m wouldn't test us at all, it would be rejected out of hand without consideration.

Anyone else happy if we go in 1 light and miss the CM.

Given how well we have done when we have a season to choose

Rodri
Dias (although debatable if a season to choose or opportunity within a window)
Haaland

I’m not convinced on the players we are going for and feel we may need to take out time.

Adding players to the best squad in the world is a hard task.

We have done well with 2 so far, 3rd obviously hard to know. But if he is that could be enough to ensure we hit well next season.
Rodri has worked overtime. He has being looking very tired lately and rightfully so, Philips has not helped him out.
Stones has injury issues.
Kovacic has injury issues.
KdB has injury issues.
Philips not trusted and could be loaned out or sold or just be sat on the bench.

It would be very risky going in this lite, matter of fact it would be suicide, given the amount of games we have coming. If we want to retain or at least fight for our trophies, then we need another CM. We are playing in a lot of games and we need to rotate as much as we can.

Which midfilders do you want for next season and that may fit us and be available for us?

We have spent 200m every season for the past three years. We have been paying players to leave our club - Pepe, Aubameyang, Bellerin, Niles, Torriera have all had their contracts torn up and paid off. Were not spending all this money to formulate incomings and outgoings only to wither at 120m for our captain, leader and in my opinion our best player. A sale that would undermine all the time, effort and investment of the past three seasons. We have spent heavily in the past three years, alot more than 120m, yet a sale of Odegaard for 120m would be a dent in the hull and could sink the entire Arteta-Edu project. Therefore, what makes you think 120m would be a competitive offer for Odegaard? 120m wouldn't test us at all, it would be rejected out of hand without consideration.
Ok let’s call it £140 up front
It may turn his head as well
Who knows

Spending that amount of money every year is obscene and is ruining English football .
How can we compete against a club who's sponsorship deals include a state owned airline and the Rwandan goverment.
Does that all sound familiar ?
The hateful 8 motto:
"Don't do as I do, do as I say"

Thats all very well provided you make the top 4 but with Champions League and teams knowing what you are about this season I dont think that is a given

It’s a gamble. If we don’t sign the extra midfielder, Foden seizes his chance and Rodri gets enough of a break and we’re still right in contention for the league when KDB is back, then yeah.

If not, we should have bought another midfielder!
Wait for one of our best when Stones comes back. Currently so much better than alot of all these players we are being linked to.

Thats all very well provided you make the top 4 but with Champions League and teams knowing what you are about this season I dont think that is a given
they have once again been given a reasonably easy start to the season and in the first two games havent looked amazing, but then again who does, will be interesting to see how they cope when its 2 games a week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.