It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

unlike haaland i truly don't give a shit if we don't land bellingham
exactly Haaland was already world class and a super star. bellingham might not ever become world class and and actual downgrade to our current midfield. I don't give a fuck if we get him. there is no upside to a bellingham transfer. even if he fulfills his potential he will just about give back our investment. on the other hand alvarez and haaland are revelations for the price we paid.

exactly Haaland was already world class and a super star. bellingham might not ever become world class and and actual downgrade to our current midfield. I don't give a fuck if we get him. there is no upside to a bellingham transfer. even if he fulfills his potential he will just about give back our investment. on the other hand alvarez and haaland are revelations for the price we paid.
If he's our number one target why would you not care about getting him. Surely you want the club to get their top targets ?

If he's our number one target why would you not care about getting him. Surely you want the club to get their top targets ?
nah I don't care. most of the time our top targets are shit and our second or third choice is better. remember koulabali, sanchez, cucurella etc. Better to get someone else than bellingham for that price.

nah I don't care. most of the time our top targets are shit and our second or third choice is better. remember koulabali, sanchez, cucurella etc. Better to get someone else than bellingham for that price.
If you like, myself I'd prefer to trust those that have built 10 years worth of winning teams to get the players they want.

SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW PROFIT

Let's say the following leave...
Walker (£10M)
Cancelo (£50M)
Laporte (£60M)
Philips (£50M)
Gundagon (£10M)
Silva (£70M)

Incoming...
Bellingham (£100M)
Mitoma (£40M)
Lavia (£30M)
Doyle
McAtee
Harwood Bellis

That would be a £80M profit, so imagine worst case scenario of a £100M fine for the PL charges.We would upgrade the squad, future proof it, and pay the fine for £20M. OK ya, toodle pip...
Would be truly amazing business for us to get 10m for a player whose contract is expiring

I admit I'm biased re Tommy, Jimmy and Taylor. Maybe they wont be PL players or maybe they will be just average PL players. But we might be missing a trick here. The PL charges are poitically motivated and its created a narrative of national anti City sentiment. Just imagine an England squad packed with Bellingham, Foden, Lewis, Harwood Bellis, Doyle, Mcatee and Grealish. There are probably a couple of million England fans who dont support PL teams. We need them on our side and we have to find another 7K punters for the expamded North Stand. It's just a line of attack to change the anti City narrative. Once we get over these charges we need a different approach to PR and a squad packed with a lot of academy players is worth a risk.
Sounds a nice idea but we bought a Norwegian fella to fill those seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.