It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

This transfer window has been so dead you forget it's even open. Deadline day will be absolutely flat, should be a right laugh listening to those twats on ssn getting giddy about a player signing for Forest Green, lol
It has almost made transfer windows totally pointless. If this is the future of the transfer market, don’t really see the point of having a transfer window. Allow all year round transfers up to a certain point of the season.

I think another factor is that Guardiola just doesn’t like returning to his old oases. He seems to relish the challenge of coaching new people and that keeps him fresh.
Possibly, he was prepared to sign Alves, Sanchez and possibly Messi though we didn't for various reasons though

Last edited:
Have we ever moved on a player after a season? I don't think we did in the last 10-15 years. We haven't even moved Kalvin after a year. Not a chance we do that with Nunes, who has shown glimpses of high potential despite being quite raw.
Uncommon but we did move on Nolito and the impression I have is we were prepared to move on Phillips but he wanted to stay. Angelino didn't stay long. I agree Nunes shows a bit of potential and suspect he is unlikely to go.

Have we ever moved on a player after a season? I don't think we did in the last 10-15 years. We haven't even moved Kalvin after a year. Not a chance we do that with Nunes, who has shown glimpses of high potential despite being quite raw.
Absolutely agree where Nunes is concerned. Despite seeing precious little thus far to suggest that the boy is deserving of a starting berth, we should cut him some slack while he continues to bed in. We should all know by now that (with some rare exceptions - take a bow Kalvin) Pep improves all players over time. Let's not forget that Gundogan had more than his fair share of doubters initially and that didn't turn out too badly in the end.

Last edited:
Possibly, he was prepared to sign Alves, Sanchez and possibly Messi though we didn't for various reasons though
Guess we'll never know how close we really were to signing any of them. Guardiola just strikes me as someone who needs the constant challenge of coaching new players. Players who have seen it all before and heard it all before would be less receptive second time round, even in a new or renewed environment. If 'missing out' on such players is the price of keeping Guardiola stimulated, I can live with that.

I'd like Nunes to succeed, but the reality is that he struggled to earn meaningful game time when we were depleted through injury, so the likelihood of him now putting together a run of 10 starts in all competitions appears fanciful. He currently has more Champions League minutes than Premier League minutes, and while that might be satisfactory for Lewis and his development, I think the club will feel entitled to more from someone who could cost over 50 million. I'd like to see him start some of the coming home games to see what he can do.

I'd like Nunes to succeed, but the reality is that he struggled to earn meaningful game time when we were depleted through injury, so the likelihood of him now putting together a run of 10 starts in all competitions appears fanciful. He currently has more Champions League minutes than Premier League minutes, and while that might be satisfactory for Lewis and his development, I think the club will feel entitled to more from someone who could cost over 50 million. I'd like to see him start some of the coming home games to see what he can do.

Cant try and show any talent if he doesnt play though mate?

Cant try and show any talent if he doesnt play though mate?
Agreed, but if they're not playing, then it's probably because Guardiola doesn't fancy them based on what he sees in training and based on what else he has at his disposal. I'm rather unperturbed about such players now, so if the club decides to move them on swiftly, so be it.

From what I’ve seen of him, he has ability, but he’s trying too hard. That, and he seems to shoot on sight instead of passing to a team-mate in a better position, but that’s probably just part and parcel of trying too hard to impress Pep…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.