It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Problem is that those have no experience of playing in England, so while the quantity might rise, there is no guarantee that they would all immediately strengthen us. Similarly, while Kimmich is undoubtedly a great player and could easily adapt, I'm unconvinced as to reports he'll be leaving Munich.
None of them would have to start the season as first choices though, barring injuries.

Nunes might be moved on too. We might need to find Carson’s replacement too. Maybe De Gea…

Phillips and Gomez would be the obvious candidates to leave. Unless Nunes can start to push himself into starting contention, he might be another. After that, you're having to make really tough calls. For example, should Stones be kept for the final two years of his contract if he can only play sporadically? Said it was tough. Not sure that's a conversation we'll want this summer. Two out and two in, but the two that come in have to be versatile and capable of starting every game.
Agreed about Nunes, can't see him being here after the summer window

Kimmich situation depends at Bayern managerial situation, if Bayern sacks Tucheliban then he will most likely stay.
I think another factor is that Guardiola just doesn’t like returning to his old oases. He seems to relish the challenge of coaching new people and that keeps him fresh.

None of them would have to start the season as first choices though, barring injuries.

Nunes might be moved on too. We might need to find Carson’s replacement too. Maybe De Gea…
Problem is that if they are not capable of being first choice straight away, when will they ever be? In truth, I’d rather not fill the bench with players who are only of use in the early rounds of domestic cups, Champions League games that are formalities, and end-of-season dead rubbers. Two quality but versatile players should suffice.

Agreed about Nunes, can't see him being here after the summer window
Have we ever moved on a player after a season? I don't think we did in the last 10-15 years. We haven't even moved Kalvin after a year. Not a chance we do that with Nunes, who has shown glimpses of high potential despite being quite raw.

Problem is that if they are not capable of being first choice straight away, when will they ever be? In truth, I’d rather not fill the bench with players who are only of use in the early rounds of domestic cups, Champions League games that are formalities, and end-of-season dead rubbers. Two quality but versatile players should suffice.
We might loan Savio out again too.

We need a Walker succession plan. Couto seems to be it so far.

Kimmich will likely only come if Bernardo finally goes.

I fully agree with all of these points. Savio is having a good season, but he is still quite raw, and we have Oscar Bobb performing at a very promising level as well. We also definitely need a Walker succession plan, and someone like Couto would suit the high wing-back system perfectly with his attacking attributes. Finally, I also think that Pep would only ever go for an old, trusted player like Kimmich if we needed to replace some serious experience within the squad e.g. Bernardo (sadly, it can happen).

Walker has started every League game this season, subbed just once, and has only picked up one yellow card. Laying aside, unfortunate phrasing, his off-field antics, his form does not suggest he’ll need complete replacing next season. I don’t see any of those three with us next season.

I fully agree with all of these points. Savio is having a good season, but he is still quite raw, and we have Oscar Bobb performing at a very promising level as well. We also definitely need a Walker succession plan, and someone like Couto would suit the high wing-back system perfectly with his attacking attributes. Finally, I also think that Pep would only ever go for an old, trusted player like Kimmich if we needed to replace some serious experience within the squad e.g. Bernardo.
I’m not sure Couto is the answer, as he’s a wing back really and we’ve shown that we are better with 4 centre halves in defence that false fullbacks.

However, we’ve adapted our system to allow Walker oceans of room on the right that a better offensive player could exploit more.

We still need a solid defensive right back when we need to defend against better sides. (Maybe Akanji is that answer)

The other player to keep an eye on is Alphonso Davies, who only has one year left in the summer and were reportedly monitoring.

Walker has started every League game this season, subbed just once, and has only picked up one yellow card. Laying aside, unfortunate phrasing, his off-field antics, his form does not suggest he’ll need complete replacing next season. I don’t see any of those three with us next season.
Who do you see here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.