It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Feel City have to be very careful this summer with bringing the right quality in, players who can be starters not just squad players.

Next season will be mega tough.
But we bring in players that we believe will be starters.
Philipps and Nunes would have been expected to play more games.

Feel City have to be very careful this summer with bringing the right quality in, players who can be starters not just squad players.

Next season will be mega tough.
Which is why I think we’d be willing to loan out Bobb and Lewis

Free up space to bring quality in

I actually think loaning Lewis and Bobb out could be a good thing for us.

They both get regular football elsewhere that they won’t get at city

It also creates space in the squad where we can bring in players that will regularly challenge for first team football

This is elite sport and whilst I think Rico and Oscar are tremendous footballers, we can’t afford to be sentimental. We need players who are going to regularly contribute to the team and who challenge week in, week out

Rico and Oscar both getting regular premier league football elsewhere is a massive positive for us
Doesn't create any space in the squad. They don't take up any on out lists.

Any additional players would expect more playing time which would be harder to offer.

I'd rather see both stay myself.

It just doesn't make sense to me to lose any wide options for the sake of signing another centre mid.

Savio's an unknown quantity, Doku is inconsistent in the final third and Grealish has no end product.

Bobb has been class whenever he's played and Newcastle are a team with Champions League ambitions, so there's no guarantee Bobb will get any meaningful minutes on loan.

Just doesn't make much sense.

Maybe there is another winger on the way in mate? Hasn’t it always been said that the club say Bobb in a sort of number 10 type role?

Think our 4 wide players next seaon will be Grealish,Bernardo, Savio, Doku, maybe even Foden occasionally. No way Bobb plays enough to develop into the player he can.If not Newcastle he needs a P/L loan somewhere.

I don't think Bernardo will be here and I don't agree with this idea that players need to be loaned to develop.

When was the last time that actually happened? Pretty much everyone we've loaned out is on borrowed time at the club.

Doubt the club would loan with any options to buy, Newcastle can take whats on offer as a loan or leave it. Not worried about that part of it.Finacial restrictions,no Europe,Newcastle have a a lot more to worry about before thinking about overtaking us.

Makes no real sense to loan either, imo. Just doesn't add up.

To loan Phillips, you'd need to get the price down by circa 25-30m to make it worthwhile. That's not happening, Newcastle would want a lot closer to his reported release clause.

Bobb makes more sense financially, but squad wise then that's another body to bring in, which will have a cost and long term outlay, which again doesn't balance out with just paying more for the player.

There is, allegedly. Some links to Dani Olmo out there, for example.

Seen Neto linked again as well, strange nothing with Olise though? £65m release clause and I think he would count as homegrown as well? Unless we sign Frimpong to play wide?

We spent over 200m last summer mate, unfortunately ffp means one in one out. Not a chance we can spend another 200m on say three players and only sell Bernardo for 50m to somebody
No, it doesn't, we make about £100m from operations, so our average net spend should be approximately £100m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.