It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That would mean 6 players leaving, think we do our very best to avoid that situation in one summer.
Yeah that would be the worst case scenario if six left, but 3 of Phillips, Gomez and Cancelo could be definite, Berni and Alvarez maybe's, and there's always one surprise player leaving, so could be six, hope It Isn't.

it's 60+8, so 68. For a squad player in a position we don't really need. That's just clogging up the squad even more, IMO. Also, I just remembered we have Savio coming in, so we don't really need a RW either.

Without major outgoings, I would look into bringing a DM. Neves or Bruno G, and then let's wait and see if anyone world-class is available, or if we lose a major player (hopefully not).
Why 60+8? Surely the buy out is either 60 or 68? Or is it a top 6 or PL premium?

Eze is almost 70m quid, Olmo is 50. The problem with guys likes Eze is that if we spend 70m quid on him, he will start, and he is simply not good enough. I would rather not buy anyone at all and wait one summer. Someone will be unhappy at Real Madrid (Rodrygo?), Wirtz and Musiala will be on the move, etc. I don't see how we need AMC/AML right now. We have Jack and Jeremy, and one of them is not getting the minutes as it is. In the middle, we already have all these players competing for minutes as well. Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, Rico, Alvarez even, and allegedly Oscar Bobb is also seen as a AMC. We need a RW (if anything), not Eze. The priority should be a DM, though. That's the one and only priority, IMO.

If we pay £70m he will start? Where do you get that from? Pep picks on ability and form… we paid £100m for Jack - does he always start?

Love to have those two but just can't see us buying so many players? Unless we going to have a real transition season coming up plus the extra games meaning we need a few more players in our squad..
That was my line of thinking, more games means a slightly bigger squad.

If we pay £70m he will start? Where do you get that from? Pep picks on ability and form… we paid £100m for Jack - does he always start?
That's the problem. We should avoid paying so much for a player when we are unsure whether he will start or not. I love Jack, and his treble winning form was worth 100m for me, but last season or 2 seasons ago, he was below the level of a 100m player. Buying a player for so much, just for the sake of it, when we don't really need him, and he is not world-class, is not worth it, IMO

I would rather wait a season and offer 100m for the likes of Musiala, Wirtz etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.