It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We’ll lose Kev and Bernardo next summer - we’d have room for Eze and Musiala or someone else of calibre then

I agree with you but we won’t get Kev’s replacement this summer
Eze will never be as good as Bernie or KDB, ergo more averageness and speed up our desire to become average. Sometimes you just need to slap the money on the table and pay up. I’d rather pay £150 mill for an elite player like wirtz than 3 Nunes’s. If the player isn’t available then use the academy to plug some of the gaps. The Cole palmer thing last summer how ever you dress it up was a mess.

Yes he is that’s why we need to start planning for him going. We should be buying the likes of Wirtz Musiala now not when he leaves. Please don’t tell me we have Foden, what happens when he gets injured loss or form as this will happen at some point. Strength in depth will real quality challenging for places. No more stocking filler signings
We will buy a back up for Foden when KDB leaves. Won't be a Wirtz though, when did we ever have somebody of that level backing up KDB. It will be somebody that can pay wide or play centrally.Not the faintest idea who but very much doubt it's Wirtz or Musiala. Will be more of a Bernardo type that can play wide or centrally and not have a fixed regular position.
Same strategy that has worked for the last 10 years basically.

We will buy a back up for Foden when KDB leaves. Won't be a Wirtz though, when did we ever have somebody of that level backing up KDB. It will be somebody that can pay wide or play centrally.Not the faintest idea who but very much doubt it's Wirtz or Musiala. Will be more of a Bernardo type that can play wide or centrally and not have a fixed regular position.
Same strategy that has worked for the last 10 years basically.
From what I saw of KDB last season I think he’s done sadly. Hes lost pace and his injuries are catching up with him. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

From what I saw of KDB last season I think he’s done sadly. Hes lost pace and his injuries are catching up with him. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Maybe why we’d want to bring in Eze?
Reduce KDB’s game time then get a replacement of real quality next summer

Yes he is that’s why we need to start planning for him going. We should be buying the likes of Wirtz Musiala now not when he leaves. Please don’t tell me we have Foden, what happens when he gets injured loss or form as this will happen at some point. Strength in depth will real quality challenging for places. No more stocking filler signings

But we don’t know if either Wirtz or Musiala are available this year or next…. The proposed PSR rules would deem both unobtainable in any event. Phil has proved this year that he can step up and we need to back him 100 per cent - hence his new contract. As we have seen previously with Pep when he knows a player is irreplaceable he will adapt hence why we get better support for Rodri to allow him to get forward more and we need to be more consistent from wide areas. If simply buying expensive players was the answer to all things… United wouldn’t finish 8th and PSG would have a UCL in their Trophy cabinet. Eze isn’t world class but he’s played at QPR and Palace - it would be a huge step up for him but Pep possibly sees something in him and thinks given time he can influence games as he wants him to. Watch Eze, he has great technique, he can beat a man and he can finish… if he comes to City the lad will get my support. Watching City this year we saw all of the 19 away teams in the league park the bus, breaking teams down is becoming more and more difficult and this probably means another overhaul and ongoing adoption of how we play, expect a few more surprises as the summer develops.

We can forget Wirtz and Musiala this summer.
No problem. We are stacked in AMC, even if Kevin leaves. I would consider these 2 next summer when they become available and we might lose Bernardo.

We are pushing hard for Bruno G, and he is not joining to sit on the bench. He takes the starting spot next to Rodri and Foden ahead of them, with Bernardo/Jeremy/Jack/Oscar playing RW/LW. Apparently, we see Oscar as AMC long-term as well (Foden's backup). We have the likes of Kova, Rico, Nunes competing for the CM spot, and who knows what will happen with Perrone/Echeverri (he is AMC) in Jan.

edit: forgot about Savio whom I would love to see this season!

Last edited:
Foden doesn't have KDB's passing range.

Who does? And are you saying we don’t start Phil in that central area next season? Do we push Phil wide left and then who takes the burden of creativity in the middle because KDB is not going to start all games and when he does he will probably play circa an hour. Kev’s legs have gone, he’s still a wonderful player but he won’t carry us through a season again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.