It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yes,not seen that much of Villa this season myself, although just looking 9 goals 5 assists in 35 P/L games is more of an attacking product than I was expecting,assume some penalties. Could he play more as an 8.
He'd be more useful in giving Rodri a break. I want us to sign Bruno as I think he would be class in a City shirt but if Pep & the club don't feel that £100m is worth it then this would be a superb 2nd choice

How does Eze connect with Starmaker and it takes two?
Osimhen, Serie A footballer of the year and African player of the year in 2023.- Two

He is a member of the Member of the Order of the Federal Republic and The Order of Nigeria. Both badges/medals use a star insignia. - Two and Star

I changed my my mind. I am outstanding at Tolmie's game. I just happen to never get it correct. :-)

Last edited:

Could be two midfielders then

Hoping that doesn't mean KDB/Bernardo is leaving. Of all the senior players, maybe Kyle leaving wouldn't be a big deal, but replacing KDB/Bernardo? I don't know how we remain as good as we are having Phil & KDB as the creative maestros and Bernardo as our magician. Losing 1 or (god forbid) 2 would be a disaster.

Still think he would be brilliant at the inverting/RB role

Perhaps make more sense if Rico goes on loan

Wouldn’t be mad at Luiz, personally. Brilliant player and has personality on and off the ball which is exactly what Pep would want.

That being said…I’d prefer Bruno so I’m hoping it’s not Luiz instead.

I also hope it’s not a classic Txiki case of signing somebody for the sake of a good deal - Phillips, Gomez, Angelino for example.

The amount of people underrating Eze here is quite surprising. He's a superstar footballer and I expect you will all be saying what a great signing he was a year from now.

He moves in a way that very few can, and when you consider he's quite a big body (in how he uses his stature), its even more impressive. I mean, have any of you even watched him? His talent is front and center every Palace match. His balance and ability to carry the ball and glide past defenders in transition is world class. Grealish is probably not getting any better and Eze is the perfect player to take his role. They have the same graceful flow when ball carrying. I expect he'll play in a left winger role for us.

The posters on here saying that players like this stagnate us, and top teams like Bayern don't make signings like this are far off the mark.

And with comparables such as these:
View attachment 121919
It should be no wonder that we're all over him for the rumored buy out fee. Having these comparables while playing for Palace is incredible. English too - bargain.

View attachment 121920
If Eze wasn't English I doubt you'd rate him this highly. I get he had an exciting appearance for the national team last weekend but calling him a bargain when he'd cost 68m is just silly.

Fine player, but not really one we need. Grealish had superior numbers at Villa when we bought him and it's safe to say he's struggled to perform to our standard 2 out of 3 seasons (I still rate the lad though). Would prefer we spend the money elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.