It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It’s also that the chances are anyone we sign is going to be around a minimum of 2 years longer than Pep. I’d rather the new manager, if it happens, was inheriting the best available. Not sure Luiz is.

Agreed mate, we also shouldn’t waste potentially one year of Pep either (although I think he stays at least one more year)

When I saw the articles that Villa needed to sell I was waiting for the Luiz links tbh.

Not a signing that blows me away, but I wouldn’t hate it. Ex-City, Pep clearly rated him and fills the hybrid 8/6 role that is needed.

For £42m he would represent much better value than Bruno at £100m.
I agree.
I'd prefer Guimaraes, but Luiz is a good player and for that price would be worth it, especially if we're going for Eze too.

Luiz and Eze for the price of Guimaraes, a no brainer for Txiki!

Luiz would feel more like a Phillips style signing (back up to Rodri) whereas it feels like Guimaraes would push the dial a bit more & would start more often. Could be wrong though, Luiz & Rodri could work fantastically together.

One thing we will need though, if we want to play with 2 6s (even if 1 is pushing up) is an actual attacking full back option. Walker is terrible in the final third and even the Croatian Messi has limitations.

Luiz would feel more like a Phillips style signing (back up to Rodri) whereas it feels like Guimaraes would push the dial a bit more & would start more often. Could be wrong though, Luiz & Rodri could work fantastically together.

One thing we will need though, if we want to play with 2 6s (even if 1 is pushing up) is an actual attacking full back option. Walker is terrible in the final third and even the Croatian Messi has limitations.
We seem to be willing to take risks when it comes to midfield recruitment recently.
KP, Nunes and now maybe Luiz
Hopefully this one pays off

Christ Luiz would be really underwhelming imo. Wouldn’t improve the side and isn’t at the level of kovacic let alone Rodri. Meh

Agreed. I really hate the notion of buying squad players. Everyone we sign should be instantly bought with the idea of improving the starting XI. This is so underwhelming it's painful.

Agreed. I really hate the notion of buying squad players. Everyone we sign should be instantly bought with the idea of improving the starting XI. This is so underwhelming it's painful.
Squads win leagues, not starting elevens. The squad has won 4 a stronger squad increases the chances of making that 5, replacing Phillips and Gpmes with Savio and a CM that starts often does that.Agree we need a CM that starts regularly but the club know that and I'm happy for the club to get the right one.

He could be our only summer signing at this rate

Squads win leagues, not starting elevens. The squad has won 4 a stronger squad increases the chances of making that 5, replacing Phillips and Gpmes with Savio and a CM that starts often does that.Agree we need a CM that starts regularly but the club know that and I'm happy for the club to get the right one.
We’ve got the last few wrong though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.