It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We do have room in the squad at the moment, it doesn't really matter until 1st of September and it's the 20th of June.

Oh ffs. By that logic, we don't really have a squad at all. Don't be so obtuse.

The squad is the squad, the numbers are the numbers. How that might look in september, who might come and go by then is all open to debate. But it is categorically untrue that we have 'spaces to fill' until then, which is the context of this discussion.

We do have room in the squad at the moment, it doesn't really matter until 1st of September and it's the 20th of June.
No but some posters are going on about Peps small squad , which wasn't small and is as it stands is at the maximum allowed.The order we do it doesn't matter but to bring players in, then players must leave.In September the squad won't be bigger than it is today It can't be (unless we buy back a club trained player.)

No but some posters are going on about Peps small squad , which wasn't small and is as it stands is at the maximum allowed.The order we do it doesn't matter but to bring players in, then players must leave.In September the squad won't be bigger than it is today It can't be (unless we buy back a club trained player.)

What he said ^.

Oh ffs. By that logic, we don't really have a squad at all. Don't be so obtuse.

The squad is the squad, the numbers are the numbers. How that might look in september, who might come and go by then is all open to debate. But it is categorically untrue that we have 'spaces to fill' until then, which is the context of this discussion.

It can't be categorically untrue for fucks sake - we have players registered to us but the squad isn't defined until the end of the transfer window. Saying we have squad spaces to fill is exactly as correct as your argument that Cancelo & Phillips fill those squad spaces.

It can't be categorically untrue for fucks sake - we have players registered to us but the squad isn't defined until the end of the transfer window. Saying we have squad spaces to fill is exactly as correct as your argument that Cancelo & Phillips fill those squad spaces.

No it isn't. Very different things.

No player is guaranteed to be here by the end of the summer, but that doesn't mean they don't currently exist. Doesn't mean we can't sign players, but we certainly aren't lacking numbers, which this all relates to.

You don't know that their loan deals end 30th june. Loan deals can last one week, 2 weeks, a season, twonseasons etc. Theirs effectively ended when the season ended, they are our players now and it is dishonest to exclude them by trying to be cute about it.

Sure, you and I can both agree we assume they will be gone before the new season and replaced by new players, no argument there. But when you put a list out and claim it as fact without any sort of mention of their exclusion, then sorry some people will run away with that, and others will correct it.
The write them down on your list, i dont give a fuck. they'll stay on the pile of unregistered for mine.

The write them down on your list, i dont give a fuck. they'll stay on the pile of unregistered for mine.
It matters because clubs know we have to offload players and they can lowball their offers.

We’re already oversubscribed for next season if Cancelo, Kabore and Porro are factored in.

It matters because clubs know we have to offload players and they can lowball their offers.

We’re already oversubscribed for next season if Cancelo, Kabore and Porro are factored in.
which im aware of, but I use the champions league registration to keep track. None are on it, so Ive not considered them yet. Its pretty simple.

When they come back i'll put them back on if/when they are used. I assumed people were smart enough to recognise who are here, and who are non factors for Pep still but got mad instead. My bad the internet.

which im aware of, but I use the champions league registration to keep track. None are on it, so Ive not considered them yet. Its pretty simple.

When they come back i'll put them back on if/when they are used. I assumed people were smart enough to recognise who are here, and who are non factors for Pep still but got mad instead. My bad the internet.
Which is absolutely fine, as a fan. I suspect that if you were responsible for the transfers, you’d have to factor in sales too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.