It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

TBH, I don't know why we haven't put a cheeky bid in for Trent, to replace Kev. He could finally stop pissing about at full back.
The little rat will never leave Liverpool he's a dipper through and through, Personally I hate scousers at City, Never liked Barton, McManaman and Fowler when they were with us.

We’ve had enough time to identify a target. We need to be careful - Rodri is making noises about his workload… if we try to play him in just about every game again next season he’d be justified if he started to consider his future at City - we are damaging and shortening his career - the present situation cannot continue.
It's irrelevant how much time we have spent if we haven't found the right player yet.

If Rodri wants to play less he needs to leave or stop being so ridiculously good. Pep won't drop him for anyone.

We need someone to play beside and occasionally replace Rodri and next season depends on us doing so. We got away with it last season as Rodri was never injured just suspended but he is clearly being run into the ground judging by the brief from the Spanish camp. Kovacic isn’t up to playing 6, maybe against the likes of Luton but last season Rodri’s suspension cost us 9 points.

If we don’t bring in someone to play there this summer then we are in real danger of ruining what could be Pep’s final season.

More of an attacking threat would be nice but finding that 6/8 player is vital.

I think the club are stuck right now, we've got deadwood on high wages for example Phillips, Cancelo , Gomez , Nunes.

We don't know if Pep is extending which means do the club keep the money for next summer because you know the next manager will want his own players especially with the ages within the squad.

I just wonder if the club are thinking of doing a big rebuild next summer sort of like the summer when Pep brought in Walker , Bernardo etc the squad was old so we brought in new talent for Pep the same thing is happening with the squad now, the squad right now is getting older.

Most the players will be in their 30s when the new manager comes in. Same as when Pep first came in.

I think the club are stuck right now, we've got deadwood on high wages for example Phillips, Cancelo , Gomez , Nunes.

We don't know if Pep is extending which means do the club keep the money for next summer because you know the next manager will want his own players especially with the ages within the squad.

I just wonder if the club are thinking of doing a big rebuild next summer sort of like the summer when Pep brought in Walker , Bernardo etc the squad was old so we brought in new talent for Pep the same thing is happening with the squad now, the squad right now is getting older.

Most the players will be in their 30s when the new manager comes in. Same as when Pep first came in.
Don't why Nunes is thrown in that group, but the other 3 will go , wages are no problem. Pep staying 1 year 2 years or more makes no difference to our transfer policy. We will go for the same playes either way.

Don't why Nunes is thrown in that group, but the other 3 will go , wages are no problem. Pep staying 1 year 2 years or more makes no difference to our transfer policy. We will go for the same playes either way.

Agreed! I think Pep will extend for more one year on top and see how things go but theres no way the club stands still for a season or two seasons just for a new manager?! The next manager will be picked on the style that we play now anyway and will be blessed to come to this club and set up with the players that we have now and in the future!

Other than Phillips, who just hasn't worked out, I don't think deadwood is fair. Gomez is a talented boy who has been a good squad man and will, I am sure, go on to be a success elsewhere. He will want more game time. Nunes hasn't played enough in his first season to be so easily dismissed. The league was such a close-run thing that Pep chose a very small group of players he relies on. The new season will bring, I hope, more chances for Nunes as well as Lewis, Bobb, and, perhaps, a couple more academy players - Isiah Dada-Mascoll, Jacob Wright and Joel N'Dala seem obvious candidates for cup games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.