RB

SALES:
Cancelo
Delap
Phillips
Gomez
THB
McAtee
Walker (I would do this - don’t think club will)
Nunes
Kabore
Couto
Ederson (possible - wouldn’t want to do this)

Not sure if I’ve missed anyone out.
T Doyle done Poss C Doyle, 8m from DL Villa

Why is City shopping in discount basket's? Or not even discount, just b-tier. Olmo... for real or Neves. Both of them just smells like Nunes all over again. Eze... all of these are just not good enough. We need guys like Wirtz or Musiala. Rather pay more for 1 dude than more for many low par alternatives. I guess these court cases affect our business that much. Well Real Madrid is getting more and more powerhouse.

Why is City shopping in discount basket's? Or not even discount, just b-tier. Olmo... for real or Neves. Both of them just smells like Nunes all over again. Eze... all of these are just not good enough. We need guys like Wirtz or Musiala. Rather pay more for 1 dude than more for many low par alternatives. I guess these court cases affect our business that much. Well Real Madrid is getting more and more powerhouse.
Neves is as close as it gets to a Wirtz/Musiala in terms of 6/8s in todays market. Totally agree about Olmo (and Eze for that matter too)

If we are it's because we are leaving it to the people that had delivered trophy after trophy to build the squad, not some random people o a football forum to choose their targets for them.

I’d love a crack statement signing like Musiala but what would it be realistically? €130-150m? With rumoured sales to be bringing in not only good money but also clear profit on loads of fringe/young players then why can’t we do that?

If we are it's because we are leaving it to the people that had delivered trophy after trophy to build the squad, not some random people o a football forum to choose their targets for them.
Pfft, well that's where we're going wrong then ....

That’s obviously true, one cannot argue with that logic.

However, I wonder how the season would have gone if we’d signed either Rice or Bellingham instead of Nunes. An easier title race, an FA Cup win? Not to mention the marketing and associated sponsorship that comes with having higher profile players.

I do wish from our position of strength as the best team in English football, with Pep as an added pull, that we’d go for a superstar sometimes and outbid Utd, Madrid, etc to hijack their deals - for the right player good enough for us of course, not just for the sake of it.

That’s obviously true, one cannot argue with that logic.

However, I wonder how the season would have gone if we’d signed either Rice or Bellingham instead of Nunes. An easier title race, an FA Cup win? Not to mention the marketing and associated sponsorship that comes with having higher profile players.

I do wish from our position of strength as the best team in English football, with Pep as an added pull, that we’d go for a superstar sometimes and outbid Utd, Madrid, etc to hijack their deals - for the right player good enough for us of course, not just for the sake of it.
We didn't go for Nunes instead, we went for Paqueta and at the last minute pulled out. The fact we will buy somebody this summer instead and keep Nunes show that. Who we buy this summer will be decided by Txiki and Pep and will depend on how Pep is thinking on setting up and the player that best fits that,also on who leaves or stays. Not buying the big superstar of flavour of the summer and asking Pep to fit the team around him. Chances are and history shows they'll pick the right fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.