It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He's got plenty of money in the bank but Kalvin was a dud. High transfer fee, high wages. That coupled with Cancelo cancelling himself less than a month or two after he got a 5 year expansion and Nunes not hitting the ground running.. changes hearts and minds fast.

Also City are pretty adamant on youth players having to push out a senior guy and earning it rather than it being handed to them.

I hope Bobb isn't sold but if he can't force his way into the lineup the way same Foden pushed his way past Sterling.. he may end up leaving too like Palmer!
Of course they get some wrong and obviously Kalvin was one of them duds as you call them. Cancelo was regarded as a really good signing until he turned out to be a right twat. Palmer was given the option to stay and chose to leave, which was the right decision for his career and had he stayed at City we wouldn't have seen him at the Euros as he would have played as much for City as he did for Chelsea.

To be fair the gap between us and arsenal isn't closer than the gap was between us and liverpool recent years liverpool got 99 points and it wasn’t enough. Just as liverpool never quite overtook us arsenal might well not either.
The strategy that has worked for ten years is the same one we are following now.No reason to worry about it.

The squad generally is getting older in a lot of areas though mate? Walker 34, KDB 33 and had a big injury recently? Rodri nearly being played to death? Maybe more rules on investment /FFP anchoring next summer being voted in?

You said "How much money does a millionaire footballer need?", to me that is trying to telling someone they can't go and earn more money but lets move on from that part.

Its not a case of the rest of the players being happy with what they earn, 99.9% of them aren't being given offers like what Ederson apparently has on the table. So far it seems that everyone they have come after they have got.
It was clearly a question, hence the question mark at the end. Most footballers choose to turn down the money to play in a better league. I for one am pleased they arnt all greedy.

Last edited:
The player considering leaving this summer is a huge red flag to me.

I genuinely think he knows his body is broken and would struggle next season and if that's remotely true this summer is the one to say goodbye and thank you.

Magnificent player but a player way past his prime and if we could pull in a big fee and take a huge wage off the accounts then it has to be done, however painful.
100% agree. If the Saudis come in at 80 mil or higher it will be a no brainer from both a business and squad building point of view...

The squad generally is getting older in a lot of areas though mate? Walker 34, KDB 33 and had a big injury recently? Rodri nearly being played to death? Maybe more rules on investment /FFP anchoring next summer being voted in?
We’ve lost and replaced a lot of older players over the years, only KDB remains from Peps arrival, completely renewing the squad without a drop off in trophies is a trick few can pull off. We’ve done it so successfully we or anyone outside the club has hardly noticed. So replacing KDB , Walker over this summer or next will be done with the same efficiency.
I’m of the opinion KDB has already been replaced by Foden, and if he stays his starts will start to decline. I also think Walker and Rodri issue can be fixed by signing Kimmich and we’re done. Pep and Txiki may have other ideas but it doesn’t worry me.

But there’s no need to do business like that mate? We have the funds, let alone if Saudi give us £100m for Kev? Pep shouldn’t have to save it every year because the board and scouts can’t find a proper solution? We sold £60m of players this summer already and spent £21m? So £39m in profit already with a player signed? If we sold Kev for £100m and bought Bruno G for say £90m then we have solved a huge problem for the squad and could still sign say Olmo this summer for £51m and have a net spend of £2m? No doubt other fringe players will go and we’ve done so well over the last few years making cash from players but the gap is closing certainly between us and Arsenal and im sure Pep would like some fresh and hungry blood to start a rebuild! Love KDB but if he wants to go it should be on our terms and not his just to allow him to fill his already massive bank account in a shit league.

We are not selling kevin for 100m ffs. Get real people, that's fantasy land.

We will be fine whether we bring in Bruno G. or not. I agree, but liking the idea of signing him is far removed from lacking common sense...
I didn’t say that. I said Coatigan’s post was common sense. He was referring to the types of posts that imply we’re doomed unless we sign x player.

I’d like us to sign Guimaraes too. I think he’s a good player and he wants to come. If for some reason we can’t get him I won’t be in here writing off the season and saying Txiki ain’t fit to burn. Hope that clears it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.