It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

sorry i may of misread , you dont think we would get any money for these players, or were you on about phillips,cancelo,couto and perrone
I don’t know if it’ll be a sale or loan again for Phillips, cancelo and perrone. Looks like couto is going to be a sale. Alvarez and Ederson and kovacic/nunes I don’t think will leave as city will demand fees that other clubs won’t pay. My point was I don’t think if they leave we will replace them with new players. None of them played a significant part last season. I think when pep says if people leave maybe we will buy he is referring to first team players who played a part last year, not players who have not been involved.

Anyone feel like Peps combined two aspects of his best City teams.

The defence of the treble winners combined with the attack of the centurions.

Doku-Haaland-Savio is similar to Sane-Aguero-Sterling. Wingers that take on their man cause problems. Also run in behind. A striker that’s a goal scoring machine who can also drop deep like Aguero did for Sterling and Sane, Haaland can do
To get the best out of Haaland you have to get the ball in early to him and play it behind the defenders.

Savio, Doku and Bobb out wide could be superb and very exciting and if we can get rid of Phillips, Cancelo and another, I would think another wide/attacking creative player will come in.

agree on all of that.

Oscar Bobb has real Foden levels of potential - when the rumours about him being loaned out i thought it was a mistake....
Also Mcatee - i think he has real potential as well....just further off in his development but there is real talent there. Does he have that killer instinct however..can he push himself that extra couple of %? to make it to the very top - I love his comments about not needing minutes etc and wanting to be around the squad and Pep to learn...he will certainly have endeered himself to Pep with comments like that
McAtee the penny has at last seemed to drop with him, maybe we will get the benefit of that stupid second loan at Sheffield, it has made him realise how fortunate he is to be at our club and to work under Pep.

McAtee the penny has at last seemed to drop with him, maybe we will get the benefit of that stupid second loan at Sheffield, it has made him realise how fortunate he is to be at our club and to work under Pep.
I still think if someone like Ipswich bid £20m we’d sell mcatee
Unless they are worried he’ll do a palmer

I still think if someone like Ipswich bid £20m we’d sell mcatee
Unless they are worried he’ll do a palmer
I would have agreed before pre-season but if his comments are genuine I think we will give me another 12 months to show his worth, he is a talent but one that seemed to think he was better than reality.

I would have agreed before pre-season but if his comments are genuine I think we will give me another 12 months to show his worth, he is a talent but one that seemed to think he was better than reality.
I wonder if it is more about the realisation that he has been raised to play football in a certain way and he needs to get back to playing in that way, rather than not being 'as good as he thought'. The football played by SUFC was so radically different I think that it may have been hard for anyone to truly shine - see Foden for England as a prime example.

I wonder if it is more about the realisation that he has been raised to play football in a certain way and he needs to get back to playing in that way, rather than not being 'as good as he thought'. The football played by SUFC was so radically different I think that it may have been hard for anyone to truly shine - see Foden for England as a prime example.
Without doubt that was part of it, hence why the club wanted him to go to Leicester last season and not Sheffield.

But he also had a certain self confidence that was greater than reality that did him no favours.

Purple Panel
@PurplePanel
Follow

1f6a8.svg
Manchester City have identified several potential replacements in each position, preparing to address any sudden departures from the squad
Car Park Attendant.
Shop Assistant.
?

It is important to remember that players like Rico, Oscar, and Doku and Gvardiol will be further on in their physical and technical development than they were. If Rico can become a little stronger on the ball (and he's still a teen) he will be a wonderful asset. Doku made a killer start but can improve his final ball, and Gvardiol was adjusting to a new position, as well as a new league, country and teammates. As for Oscar, I think he has world-class potential - release the beast!
Maybe if the club really believe in the potential of Bobb,Lewis, Mcatee, Perrone,others then the only way is for us not to fill up the squad with replacements for KDB or Kovacic, and if that's the case the fans need to stop obseessing with players like Wirtz and Musiala.If we drop off a little or win nothing this year so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.