It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Anyone feel like Peps combined two aspects of his best City teams.

The defence of the treble winners combined with the attack of the centurions.

Doku-Haaland-Savio is similar to Sane-Aguero-Sterling. Wingers that take on their man cause problems. Also run in behind. A striker that’s a goal scoring machine who can also drop deep like Aguero did for Sterling and Sane, Haaland can do

It is important to remember that players like Rico, Oscar, and Doku and Gvardiol will be further on in their physical and technical development than they were. If Rico can become a little stronger on the ball (and he's still a teen) he will be a wonderful asset. Doku made a killer start but can improve his final ball, and Gvardiol was adjusting to a new position, as well as a new league, country and teammates. As for Oscar, I think he has world-class potential - release the beast!

Purple Panel
@PurplePanel
Follow

1f6a8.svg
Manchester City have identified several potential replacements in each position, preparing to address any sudden departures from the squad
So exactly what they've always done then? Stunning news there bud. Are you related to that site in some way perchance?

What has Blue Tone said?

;)

Anyone feel like Peps combined two aspects of his best City teams.

The defence of the treble winners combined with the attack of the centurions.

Doku-Haaland-Savio is similar to Sane-Aguero-Sterling. Wingers that take on their man cause problems. Also run in behind. A striker that’s a goal scoring machine who can also drop deep like Aguero did for Sterling and Sane, Haaland can do
The main opposition we face now is the low-block. Having wide players that can beat the deep full-back is a real antidote to this. The others can bring the control needed in the key-games.

It is important to remember that players like Rico, Oscar, and Doku and Gvardiol will be further on in their physical and technical development than they were. If Rico can become a little stronger on the ball (and he's still a teen) he will be a wonderful asset. Doku made a killer start but can improve his final ball, and Gvardiol was adjusting to a new position, as well as a new league, country and teammates. As for Oscar, I think he has world-class potential - release the beast!
agree on all of that.

Oscar Bobb has real Foden levels of potential - when the rumours about him being loaned out i thought it was a mistake....
Also Mcatee - i think he has real potential as well....just further off in his development but there is real talent there. Does he have that killer instinct however..can he push himself that extra couple of %? to make it to the very top - I love his comments about not needing minutes etc and wanting to be around the squad and Pep to learn...he will certainly have endeered himself to Pep with comments like that

It would be a disappointing transfer window, especially when there is such a clear necessity of a 6/8 that can play with Rodri and give him rest. Also, KDB should be worse than last season, Bernardo had his worst season and it's getting older, Nunez doesn't seem to be at our level. Rodri and Foden are the only midfielder that I expect to play at last season level or even better. I feel this is a glaring omission.

And I think our defense needs an agile CB/RB that can compete with Walker and be part of the rotation in case Stones has another injured season + Ake can also be injury prone + Walker declining + Dias not having his best season. Only with Akanji and Gvardiol (and Ake if he is healthy), I have zero doubts that they will be close or even better to the level they had last season.
Kdb missed 5 months of the season and was never truly fit, imo we will see a lot better version of kev than last season if he gets a good preseason

If Phillips and Cancelo leave then we make a move for a midfielder surely? If Alvarez goes then again you bring someone in?

Nunes is the one really those two we probably only can get them out on loan! If Nunes wants Saudi Saudi wants him I think we would sell him for 40m cut our losses because he just does not fit in to how we play

we defintely need to get rid of Phillips and Cancello - they will add zero to the playing squad but are taking up squad spaces and wages...and Cancello is poison in the dressing room if he aint playing which we know from past experience.

We can then bring in another midfielder and possibly one more...

I think shifting these two is the key to our transfer window

I agree with everything in the last paragraph until you said sign their replacements. Players that aren’t even considered part of the squad don’t get replacements. Only a first team player leaving who was part of last years squad and got a reasonable about of minutes will result in us entering the market. Philips and cancelo are not them. Couto and perrone not even close. Alvarez, Ederson, kova, nunes etc are. But it’s unlikely any of them leave with fees. It may not be what people want but it’s a stretch to suggest otherwise

sorry i may of misread , you dont think we would get any money for these players, or were you on about phillips,cancelo,couto and perrone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.