It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I am pretty sure that he doesn’t count Philips and cancelo as players that will be replaced if they leave. They weren’t in the squad last year. In his previous press conference he talked about 90% the squad would stay the same as last year + savio, but it depended because 1.5 players may leave I.e Ederson (concrete possibility) + maybe Alvarez but less likely due to fee. I can only see us buying if one of those players or another first team player like kovacic or nunes leaves. I think you are being overly optimistic by suggesting we will replace two players who haven’t been considered part of the squad for over a year now
They wasn't part of the squad last year, but they're current Manchester city players, one is already in pre-season with Pep and the other will be coming back here after his holiday as it stands.

Pep may not want them here and doesnt have them in his plans but they're £90 million worth of assets, we aren't just going to discard them, if we can't find a solution they'll have to be included in the squad, so until they've been shipped out they both will have a placeholder on a squad position which means we have no room to bring in anybody else.

Suggesting we can just dismiss them because they're not in peps plans is essentially the same thing as rival fans suggesting we have unlimited resources and it doesn't matter if we make a poor signing, it matters, they're our problem to deal with and it will stop us from making other signings if they're not.

They wasn't part of the squad last year, but they're current Manchester city players, one is already in pre-season with Pep and the other will be coming back here after his holiday as it stands.

Pep may not want them here and doesnt have them in his plans but they're £90 million worth of assets, we aren't just going to discard them, if we can't find a solution they'll have to be included in the squad, so until they've been shipped out they both will have a placeholder on a squad position which means we have no room to bring in anybody else.

Suggesting we can just dismiss them because they're not in peps plans is essentially the same thing as rival fans suggesting we have unlimited resources and it doesn't matter if we make a poor signing, it matters, they're our problem to deal with and it will stop us from making other signings if they're not.
The other players at the Euros joining the tour later this week? Wondering if Cancelo will be told to come or fuck off.

That’s not what I’m saying. I agree the priority has to be to sell cancelo and Philips as that is obviously what the club wants. Couto looks like it’s pretty much done and there are a few others who loans look likely for. But, the idea that if we get rid of Philips and cancelo that we will go and buy a dm and a fullback to replace them I disagree with. We didn’t have them in the squad last year and we have added savinho so the idea that we will buy more is flawed and you are extrapolating the fact that we have players to sell to meaning we will buy once they are sold.

It's not the same thing at all and it shouldn't preclude making signings. Loan moves can happen incredibly quickly - Cancelo to Bayern a prime example - so it shouldn't be reason not to buy in a position of need. Doing so exacerbates the issue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.