It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

yeah, i totally forgot who got far or not in the euros. kept an eye on it but didnt watch much.

It was less exciting after the group stages but some good games. For us, I think it's 11 players: Doku, KDB, Rodri, Aké, Akanji, the Portuguese 3 and the England 3.

Maybe if the club really believe in the potential of Bobb,Lewis, Mcatee, Perrone,others then the only way is for us not to fill up the squad with replacements for KDB or Kovacic, and if that's the case the fans need to stop obseessing with players like Wirtz and Musiala.If we drop off a little or win nothing this year so be it.
Why would we drop off? I expect us to be better by being more consistent in the first half of the season. If KDB is 80% of peak KDB on a consistent basis we'll be rocking. In Haaland, Foden, Doku, Savinho, Bobb, Alvarez, Gvardiol and Rico this squad is loaded in young talent. Then there is the best player in the world in Rodri and a core of veterans in their primes like Dias, Akanji, Ake, Grealish, and Bernardo. Kova and a healthy Stones are still class. 2 top level keepers.
AND the best manager in the world!

All that said if we were to replace Phillips with someone like Bruno G or Ruiz and bring in a mint RB while dumping Cancelo and moving on from Walker we would be even more formidable.

I purposely left Nunes out of the discussion until we're able to see which way things go for him this season.

Echeverry is a massive prospect.

Perrone and MacAtee can defo come good. C Doyle is one to watch as CBs get older.

Why would we drop off? I expect us to be better by being more consistent in the first half of the season. If KDB is 80% of peak KDB on a consistent basis we'll be rocking. In Haaland, Foden, Doku, Savinho, Bobb, Alvarez, Gvardiol and Rico this squad is loaded in young talent. Then there is the best player in the world in Rodri and a core of veterans in their primes like Dias, Akanji, Ake, Grealish, and Bernardo. Kova and a healthy Stones are still class. 2 top level keepers.
AND the best manager in the world!

All that said if we were to replace Phillips with someone like Bruno G or Ruiz and bring in a mint RB while dumping Cancelo and moving on from Walker we would be even more formidable.

I purposely left Nunes out of the discussion until we're able to see which way things go for him this season.

Echeverry is a massive prospect.

Perrone and MacAtee can defo come good. C Doyle is one to watch as CBs get older.
I didn't say we would, but if we did for a year I'm okay with it.

It's not the same thing at all and it shouldn't preclude making signings. Loan moves can happen incredibly quickly - Cancelo to Bayern a prime example - so it shouldn't be reason not to buy in a position of need. Doing so exacerbates the issue

We need a top class DM/CM hybrid anyway?

I didn't say we would, but if we did for a year I'm okay with it.
I get it. I'd say I'd accept it as what choice would one have? But I can't say I'd be OK with it as long as we have the squad we have and Pep at the helm.

That’s not what I’m saying. I agree the priority has to be to sell cancelo and Philips as that is obviously what the club wants. Couto looks like it’s pretty much done and there are a few others who loans look likely for. But, the idea that if we get rid of Philips and cancelo that we will go and buy a dm and a fullback to replace them I disagree with. We didn’t have them in the squad last year and we have added savinho so the idea that we will buy more is flawed and you are extrapolating the fact that we have players to sell to meaning we will buy once they are sold.
I never said we will definitely do it, I said we can. The point being we currently don't have the space to do anything whether we want to or not and those departures would give us the option.
It's not the same thing at all and it shouldn't preclude making signings. Loan moves can happen incredibly quickly - Cancelo to Bayern a prime example - so it shouldn't be reason not to buy in a position of need. Doing so exacerbates the issue
We dont want to ship them out on loan again. We want rid permanently and to get something back on the £90 million we paid for them. If we don't even have the option of including them in the squad we can kiss goodbye to selling them this summer.

100%, to complement and replace Rodri when ne needs resting, that has to be a priority.

Get one of them and we are all good unless other people want out and we react to that? I wanted Bruno G to be honest but wouldn’t be upset if Wharton came in for the rumoured £54m fee? Kovacic is in his 30’s now so it would give Wharton a year to bed in around much better players than Palace have and working with Pep?

Get one of them and we are all good unless other people want out and we react to that? I wanted Bruno G to be honest but wouldn’t be upset if Wharton came in for the rumoured £54m fee? Kovacic is in his 30’s now so it would give Wharton a year to bed in around much better players than Palace have and working with Pep?
Wharton is a strange one, 54m could be a bargain this summer, if he stays at Palace and has another good season he will be worth 70-80m maybe more.

But he is a risk taking him this season, was his form last year genuine or a flash in the pan?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.