It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Wharton is a strange one, 54m could be a bargain this summer, if he stays at Palace and has another good season he will be worth 70-80m maybe more.

But he is a risk taking him this season, was his form last year genuine of a flash in the pan?

I think you can tell how he can receive the ball on the half turn, is composed in tight spaces and can drive forward Pep would turn him into something special? If we don’t want to do £100m for Bruno then Wharton could be an extremely good signing for next season and beyond.

I never said we will definitely do it, I said we can. The point being we currently don't have the space to do anything whether we want to or not and those departures would give us the option.

We dont want to ship them out on loan again. We want rid permanently and to get something back on the £90 million we paid for them. If we don't even have the option of including them in the squad we can kiss goodbye to selling them this summer.

Just to reiterate, squads aren't official until after the transfer window and lots can happen - having a pretence that we have to sell to buy is just incorrect. It's a desire, not a necessity and loans with obligations to buy exist as options. We aren't in a strong position regarding either Phillips or Cancelo - neither would command a big fee and a hit will have to be taken, either through selling at a lower rate or loaning out again.

Regardless, keeping players in a squad that either won't be utilised or potentially cause disharmony rather than take a hit is daft. Compound that with not attempting to get in a 6/8 because the players that won't play are taking up squad spots would be even worse. It's avoidable.

Maybe if the club really believe in the potential of Bobb,Lewis, Mcatee, Perrone,others then the only way is for us not to fill up the squad with replacements for KDB or Kovacic, and if that's the case the fans need to stop obseessing with players like Wirtz and Musiala.If we drop off a little or win nothing this year so be it.
The owner's long-term ambition was this.

Because they are winners like the owner and chairman?

They same guy you said is also have realistic expectation and not every single fucking year we are going to be winning alot of things. I mean they will fire Pep a long time ago if they didn't patient enough to let Pep doing his own things in his first season and waited long enough until we get our chances to win the most coveted title which is Champions League itself.

All things happened is always cyclic in nature and football is no different, there will be a time that the club have decline period for various reasons and we as fan need to be prepared when that time comes (Which i hopefully it didn't happen anytime soon).

Just to reiterate, squads aren't official until after the transfer window and lots can happen - having a pretence that we have to sell to buy is just incorrect. It's a desire, not a necessity and loans with obligations to buy exist as options. We aren't in a strong position regarding either Phillips or Cancelo - neither would command a big fee and a hit will have to be taken, either through selling at a lower rate or loaning out again.

Regardless, keeping players in a squad that either won't be utilised or potentially cause disharmony rather than take a hit is daft. Compound that with not attempting to get in a 6/8 because the players that won't play are taking up squad spots would be even worse. It's avoidable.
Yes we could buy without any sales but that would leave us in a terrible position when it comes to offloading players and is just awful business practice, we're the best run club on the planet, we're not going to be doing that, thats a glazer move. As you say, We're going to take a hit on those players as is, We're not going to put ourselves in an even worse bargaining position.

I only said we have to act as though we're keeping them, until they're gone, not that we are going to end the window with them in the squad. There's what, 5 weeks? of the window remaining, there's plenty of time yet, just look around, there's been practically no business done as of yet in the league aside from villa who are side stepping PSR problems, dippers haven't signed anybody, arsenals only signing is the obligation to turn Raya's loan into a permanent signing, spurs haven't signed anybody.

This is purely guesswork here and I may be proved wrong but I imagine they'll be no movement in or out whilst we are on tour. only after the tour ends and most of the squad are together will the futures of the peripheral players be sorted and then we will be in a position to do business.

Get one of them and we are all good unless other people want out and we react to that? I wanted Bruno G to be honest but wouldn’t be upset if Wharton came in for the rumoured £54m fee? Kovacic is in his 30’s now so it would give Wharton a year to bed in around much better players than Palace have and working with Pep?
where was this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.